latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank Integration broken

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank Integration broken

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 12:43 pm #55681
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Hi there,

I have one product on Clickbank. I was able to fully integrate it with S2MemberPro. It used to work for months, but something seems to be broken now. I get the message below when clicking on the Thank You page URL – I am not sure where or how to fix this. Thank you for the guidance in advance:

ERROR: Unable to verify POST vars. Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. If you are the site owner, please check: s2Member -› ClickBank® Options.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 7:45 am #55754

Could you please try all these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I’d start with the server scanner one.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 6:20 pm #55791
Ulrich Peise

Christian, thanks for the answer. I worked through the Troubleshooting section as suggested, including the server check which came back as “passed” in all categories.

Do you think the problem is due to the fact that my product is not in the Clickbank marketplace anymore (no sale in the past 30 days)? Or is that completely unrelated?

Thanks.

Dieter

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 12:08 am #56090
Ulrich Peise

Is there anything else I can do, please? Thank you.

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 12:16 am #56091

If the product is active in your account and it can be sold, then it shouldn’t be a problem. Can you purchase the product? If so, if the integration is done correctly with s2Member, it should work fine.

Thanks for doing the troubleshooting tests. Could you make sure the integration is correct? I just shot a quick video on this: Video » s2Member ClickBank integration

After you verify that, if you found nothing to fix and you still have trouble, could you submit your site’s info, including ClickBank’s, so I can take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:39 am #56098
Ulrich Peise

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 8:42 am #56099
Ulrich Peise

Christian, thank you so much for looking into this. Your help is greatly appreciated. The video was very helpful, I followed all the steps to verify that everything is set correctly. Unfortunately, I still wasn’t able to get it to work. Again, it used to work perfectly, but at some point something broke. Obviously, I must have done something wrong. Just as a hint: I changed the price a while back ago of my Clickbank Product, but that shouldn’t have caused any problems I would assume.

Anyway, I just sent you all the information via the private contact form. Thanks again for helping me.

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 5:21 pm #56115

Got the email, thanks for the info.

I reviewed the integration and found that your IPN URL is set to version 1.0, where it should be 2.1 for s2Member. Could you fix that a test again?

Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm #56118
Ulrich Peise

I changed it from 1.0 to 2.1. Unfortunately, the error persists.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 3:12 pm #56272
Ulrich Peise

Christian, sorry to be a bother, but anything else you could suggest here? Thanks,

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 7:27 pm #56303

Let me take another look and do a test purchase. I’ll be back in a moment.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:35 pm #56305
Ulrich Peise

Thanks Christian. Just to let you know, the test-sale came through via clickbank. That’s a good sign!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:41 pm #56306

I think I found the problem after a couple of tests and going over the integration once more. In the IPN setting you entered the return URL instead of the notification one.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:46 pm #56307
Ulrich Peise

Thank you very much for fixing this, Christian – it’s greatly appreciated.

Urlich

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:48 pm #56308

I didn’t change it yet, just found but didn’t want to edit your account. You need to edit it in ClickBank and test it, please. But I’m hopeful it’ll resolve your problem, since it’s definitely a wrong value there. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 3:29 pm #56370
Ulrich Peise

Christian, I made the change. Unfortunately, I am now getting a message that I need to enter a valid credit card number, etc. (I’m trying to do a test purchase with a Clickbank generated credit card #, etc,). Anyway, this doesn’t seem to be a s2member issue but something on my side I need to look into. Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:27 pm #56389

Could you show me the page where you have the ClickBank button you’re doing the test purchase with? I see you have a PayPal Pro form in your page, though. Are you trying to make the ClickBank purchase with the PayPal pro-form using the test card from ClickBank?

Also, to test the ClickBank button, make sure you’re not logged in to your admin account when you load the page with the button.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:48 am #56430
Ulrich Peise

Hi Christian,

Here is the sales -page:

http://guitaringenuity.com/beginners-guitar-course-online

And here is the member’s optin:

http://guitaringenuity.com/membership-options-page

Thanks a lot.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:50 am #56431

Thanks. Yeah, those are the ones I had seen before. The salespage buttons point to the Membership Options Page, and that has a PayPal pro-form. Where is the ClickBank button generated with the s2Member shortcode? Sorry, I can’t find it. :P

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 8:21 am #56435
Ulrich Peise

Wow, I’m really amazed how dumb I am. You are aboslutely right of course. I integrated Clickbank a year ago, it worked like a charm. But all of a sudden something broke somewhere (I must have messed up) and that’s when the drama started.

I added the clickbank button to the page and removed the paypal form:

http://guitaringenuity.com/beginners-guitar-course-online

It works perfectly. I just need to figure out now how to change the button to make it look more appealing, but I’ll figure that out.

Thank you again and I apologize for taking up so much of your time.

Ulrich

Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 7:55 am #56538

It works perfectly. I just need to figure out now how to change the button to make it look more appealing, but I’ll figure that out.

Oh, you can customize it using the [hilite mono]image[/hilite] or [hilite mono]output[/hilite] attributes. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

I’m so glad you sorted it out! Thanks for the update, and don’t worry, it could happen to anyone. I’m very glad I could help you with that. :)

Ah, if you could take a minute, we’d really appreciate a rating and review for s2Member over at WordPress. http://s2member.com/r/wp-rate/

A “like” over at Facebook would be great too. http://facebook.com/s2Member

Thanks in advance! :)

Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 12:51 pm #56555
Ulrich Peise

Hi Cristian,

I just left a comment and rating over at the WordPress platform and I “Liked” s2member on facebook. Thanks again for all the help.

Ulrich

Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 5:14 pm #56601

Thank you! We really appreciate it. :D

As a form of thanks, I gave you the “Supporter” badge and a discount for your next upgrade. :)

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.