latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Clickbank Integration- no password email sent

Home Forums Community Forum Clickbank Integration- no password email sent

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 1:52 am #14007
Eva Galfi
Username: easylink

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to configure my site with Clickbank.

I have been using paypal and when a customer checks out an email is auto-generated with their username and password with no problem.

Now I’d like to switch from paypal to clickbank. I followed the instructions on the Clickbank site regarding the developer key and clerk API key (all worked fine) and generated a clickbank button which is now on my homepage. The transaction goes through just fine when I click the clickbank button and pay with the clickbank test credit card. The problem is that thought I received the clickbank payment confirmation email, but i did not receive anything from S2Member. I need customers to receive their username and password email.

What do I need to fix so that upon completion of a sale the buyer receives the S2Member auto-generated email with the username and password? Do I need to get rid of all the paypal information for example? If so, that’s fine as I can run this site as 100% clickbank checkout.

Here are some details that will allow you to test clickbank payments for 22 hours from the timestamp on this submission:

Site: http://www.socialmediatrainingsolutions.com
Fake clickbank creditcard number: 2222222250060223
exp:05/2012
code:002

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Eva

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 3:21 am #14008

Hi Eva,

Just done a test and did not receive the email.

Have you enabled Logging Routines under: s2Member® Pro / ClickBank® Options > ClickBank® Account Details > Yes, enable debugging, with API, IPN & Return Page logging. If you have can you post the logs minus personal info or if you have not, enable them then do another transaction then post the logs.

Thanks

Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 5:59 am #14010
Eva Galfi

Thanks Philly,

Below is my log. Does this help you to see the problem?

PHP v5.3.8 :: WordPress® v3.3.2 :: s2Member® v120514 :: s2Member® Pro v120514
Memory 25.71 MB :: Real Memory 26.00 MB :: Peak Memory 27.33 MB :: Real Peak Memory 27.75 MB
socialmediatrainingsolutions.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_notify=1
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0.1
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank® over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘array (
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_notify\’ => \’1\’,
\’ctransamount\’ => \’4520\’,
\’cprodtitle\’ => \’Buy both the LinkedIn Beyond Basics and Jobseeker Class\’,
\’ctranspaymentmethod\’ => \’TEST\’,
\’cverify\’ => \’4E169B4F\’,
\’ccustemail\’ => \’xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com\’,
\’cprodtype\’ => \’STANDARD\’,
\’ctransaffiliate\’ => \’\’,
\’ccustcc\’ => \’AU\’,
\’ctransreceipt\’ => \’LT3HFEQ8\’,
\’ccustname\’ => \’Juan C xxxxxxxxxxxx\’,
\’cvendthru\’ => \’s2_referencing=1&s2_custom=socialmediatrainingsolutions.com&_s2member_sig=1337489241-dbf9d34ee2383f175b5476610886fd8f&s2_desc=30+Day+Access+to+Beyond+the+Basics+Class+and+Jobseeker+Class&s2_invoice=4%3A%3A1+M&s2_customer_ip=58.172.128.91&\’,
\’caffitid\’ => \’\’,
\’ctransaction\’ => \’TEST_SALE\’,
\’ccuststate\’ => \’NSW\’,
\’ctranstime\’ => \’1337489291\’,
\’ctranspublisher\’ => \’easylinf\’,
\’cproditem\’ => \’3\’,
)’,
),
)

Memory 25.71 MB :: Real Memory 26.00 MB :: Peak Memory 27.33 MB :: Real Peak Memory 27.75 MB
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank® over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘array (
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_notify\’ => \’1\’,
\’ctransamount\’ => \’4465\’,
\’cprodtitle\’ => \’Buy both the LinkedIn Beyond Basics and Jobseeker Class\’,
\’ctranspaymentmethod\’ => \’TEST\’,
\’cverify\’ => \’8645B6B7\’,
\’ccustemail\’ => \’xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com\’,
\’cprodtype\’ => \’STANDARD\’,
\’ctransaffiliate\’ => \’\’,
\’ccustcc\’ => \’GB\’,
\’ctransreceipt\’ => \’YBX4EJS8\’,
\’ccustname\’ => \’TEST Payment\’,
\’cvendthru\’ => \’\’,
\’caffitid\’ => \’\’,
\’ctransaction\’ => \’TEST_SALE\’,
\’ccuststate\’ => \’\’,
\’ctranstime\’ => \’1337497668\’,
\’ctranspublisher\’ => \’easylinf\’,
\’cproditem\’ => \’3\’,
)’,
),
)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove email addresses from the log
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 6:14 am #14012

Hi Eva,

Notice

‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.

I would double check your ClickBank® Account Details in s2member and in your ClickBank® account and the same for ClickBank® IPN v2.1 Integration

Did you also remember to input your ClickBank® IPN/Secret Key you didn’t mention that in your first post.

Hope that helps

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 1:14 am #14048
Eva Galfi

Hi Philly,

Yes, I have just double checked and re-copied pasted the integration information including the clerk key, developer key and secret key. I’m still experiencing the same problem.

Would you be able to take a look at my set-up to diagnose the issue if I send you my login credentials for clickbank and my website though a private message?

Thanks,
Eva

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 8:14 am #14068

I’m happy to do that, will probably need ftp access as well to see if its to do with FOPEN or cURL.
Please also note that I’m not a part of s2member.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Philly.
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 7:28 pm #14199

Hi guys.

I logged in to the account with the info you submitted, Eva, and the configuration seems alright from what I can see. I don’t know the ClickBank side, so I can’t verify the credentials, but you say you verified them already.

The fopen and curl tests Philly mentions would be good to do, although the PayPal transactions were working. This file may help: http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

You may also want to check this article on email problems: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

I hope that helps! :)

Thanks a lot for your help, Philly!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:10 am #14269
Eva Galfi

Thanks, Cristian,

OK- I looked at your article on email problems, installed the email log plugin and ran a test. I’m still experiencing the same problem and here is the text from the s2member-log file:

array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   0 => 'Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.',
   1 => 'If you\'re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank® over an HTTPS connection.',
   2 => 's2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.',
   3 => 'array (
 \'s2member_pro_clickbank_notify\' => \'1\',
 \'ctransamount\' => \'4520\',
 \'cprodtitle\' => \'Buy both the LinkedIn Beyond Basics and Jobseeker Class\',
 \'ctranspaymentmethod\' => \'TEST\',
 \'cverify\' => \'4E169B4F\',
 \'ccustemail\' => \'xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com\',
 \'cprodtype\' => \'STANDARD\',
 \'ctransaffiliate\' => \'\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'AU\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'LT3HFEQ8\',
 \'ccustname\' => \'Juan C xxxxxxxxxxxx\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'s2_referencing=1&s2_custom=socialmediatrainingsolutions.com&_s2member_sig=1337489241-dbf9d34ee2383f175b5476610886fd8f&s2_desc=30+Day+Access+to+Beyond+the+Basics+Class+and+Jobseeker+Class&s2_invoice=4%3A%3A1+M&s2_customer_ip=58.172.128.91&\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ctransaction\' => \'TEST_SALE\',
 \'ccuststate\' => \'NSW\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337489291\',
 \'ctranspublisher\' => \'easylinf\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   0 => 'Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.',
   1 => 'If you\'re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank® over an HTTPS connection.',
   2 => 's2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.',
   3 => 'array (
 \'ctransamount\' => \'4465\',
 \'cverify\' => \'8645B6B7\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'GB\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'YBX4EJS8\',
 \'ccustname\' => \'TEST Payment\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ccuststate\' => \'\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337497668\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   3 => 'array (
 \'cverify\' => \'2C10BD66\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'AU\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'CHYSFEZ4\',
 \'ccustname\' => \'Eva xxxxxxxxxxxx\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337576603\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   3 => 'array (
 \'cverify\' => \'AD81F582\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'AU\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'CHYSFEWV\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337576947\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   3 => 'array (
 \'cverify\' => \'FFB01EDF\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'AU\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'CHYSFE3V\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337577062\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

Memory 25.91 MB :: Real Memory 26.25 MB :: Peak Memory 27.54 MB :: Real Peak Memory 28.25 MB
array (
 's2member_log' => 
 array (
   3 => 'array (
 \'ctransamount\' => \'4519\',
 \'cverify\' => \'E1F96D53\',
 \'ccustemail\' => \'xxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com\',
 \'ccustcc\' => \'AU\',
 \'ctransreceipt\' => \'MQFSFE8D\',
 \'cvendthru\' => \'\',
 \'caffitid\' => \'\',
 \'ctranstime\' => \'1337749359\',
 \'cproditem\' => \'3\',
)',
 ),
)

It’s a problem with my s2 configuration but I can’t tell what it is. Anything I should try next?

Also, I had a thought… I’d doing ‘test’ transactions in clickbank with a fake clickbank creditcard. Will this affect the way the s2member auto generated email works?

Thanks!
Eva

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove email addresses from the log
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 3:13 am #14290

Ah, thanks for the log.

I’d like to review your configuration, but I don’t have access to your ClickBank account to do this. Could you email me screenshots of every area in the ClickBank admin that has data related to the s2Member integration? Also, please include a newly generated test card to run some test purchases.

I’m replying to the first email you sent, so you can reply to it and we keep them together.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 10:21 pm #14389
Eva Galfi

Hi Cristian,

Thanks so much for taking a look. Here is a new credit card you can use to test and links to screenshots are below.

[removed for security reasons]

I’m also happy to send you my clickbank login details via private message if you want to poke around in there.

On one page of their instructions, clickbank says: “With some programming languages the clickbank service API will require your system to possess a certificate for the following domain: *clickbank.com To acquire this certificate, simply go to the following URL, double click the authentication lock in the lower right hand corner of your browser, and save the certificate to your system https://api.clickbank.com/rest/1.2/orders

I would try this, but I don’t see the lock they are talking about…

Thanks,
Eva

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Removed screenshots and card after saving them
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 7:26 am #14465

Thanks Eva.

I removed the screenshots and card from your post for security reasons.

Yes, please send the ClickBank login if you’re OK with that. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 7:09 pm #14514
Eva Galfi

OK- have sent you the form with login details. Thanks!!

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 11:16 pm #14521

Also having this same problem. Test purchase goes through fine on Clickbank, but s2Member/Wordpress never sends the registration email.

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 11:18 pm #14522

Feel this might have something to do with PayPal conflicting somehow, as I never setup PayPal and never had a problem with s2Member emails, but I input PayPal information and tried using Clickbank and I started not receiving emails. Deleted all PayPal info, but that was no help.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 5:28 am #14541

OK- have sent you the form with login details. Thanks!!

Thank you for the info, Eva.

OK, I found a couple of things wrong:

– The Instant Notification URL you had in ClickBank was using version 1.0 instead of 2.1.[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN Integration[/hilite]

– The thank-you page you entered for the products don’t point to s2Member. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]

I didn’t make a test purchase because I can’t fix the thank-you page one for you, although I did fix the IPN one.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am #14596
Eva Galfi

Hi Cristian!

Thanks so much for fixing the ipn integration!

If you have some time today, could you please make a test purchase on the site? The reason is that I want to create a thank you page that looks like the one that comes up when I now make a clickbank purchase, but I don’t know if there is an easy way to do this in S2Member. If there is, can you please let me know how to set it up? Clickbank requires a thank you page with all the information shown on the page I have currently set up.

Do I absolutely have to point to an s2 member thank you page in order for the auto generated login and password email to work?

Thanks!!

Eva

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 2:54 pm #14620

If you read the CB Thank You page documentation in s2Member, at the bottom you’ll see a section about using a custom one. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite] :)

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 7:50 pm #14716
Eva Galfi

Hi Cristian,

OK- it works great up to a point. The thank you page I want shows after checkout, the payment receipt is sent by clickbank and the auto-generated email from S2Member that says

‘Congratulations, your payment has been approved.

Your Username and Password will be sent to you in a separate email.

You can login at http://www.socialmediatrainingsolutions.com

If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact us.’

is sent as well! This is great!

However, the auto-generated login and password email does not arrive! That’s the big problem. Any idea why S2Member is sending the payment confirmation email but not the login/password email?

That’s the only thing that needs fixing now!

Thanks,
Eva

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 8:01 pm #14718

is sent as well! This is great!

Excellent! :)

However, the auto-generated login and password email does not arrive! That’s the big problem. Any idea why S2Member is sending the payment confirmation email but not the login/password email?

Do you mean the one WordPress sends after registration? The login and password email is sent after the person registered. Did you register the account before looking for that email?

By the way, s2Member makes it possible to customize the New User email WordPress sends on registration. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 8:17 pm #14721
Eva Galfi

Hi Cristian,

Yes, I have selected the ‘customize new user emails with s2member’ option, instead of the wordpress option and have written the email, but it does not send. Not sure why it will not send after purchase. As far as I can tell, I’ve done everything required…

Thanks for your quick response!
Eva

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 8:22 pm #14722
Eva Galfi

Oh and the way I tested is is by making a test purchase through clicking on the clickbank checkout button on my website (bottom)

Here’s a test credit card for you to try: **********

Thanks!
Eva

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Removed test card
Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 8:36 pm #14724

Thanks Eva. Could you email me the link to the page with the ClickBank button? I can make a test purchase and register after it. Or do you accept free registrations to test without a purchase?

Like I said, the New User email is not sent after payment, is sent after registration. Are you not receiving it after registration?

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 8:52 pm #14725
Eva Galfi

Hi Cristian,

There is no free registration on my site for anything- registration only happens with a purchase.

Here’s the link: http://socialmediatrainingsolutions.com/

Please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘buy now with Clickbank’, which is a button just above the order now button. When you order, you will see a thank you page and will receive two emails to confirm your order, but no login/password email.

I have another site http://www.easylinkedintraining.com where the s2member integration works beautifully and a username and password email is sent after purchase. The only difference between this site and that site is that this site has clickbank and paypal and the easylinkedintraining.com site only has paypal integrated.

Thanks,
Eva

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 4:01 am #14745

OK, earlier I did a couple a test purchases, got the email from ClickBank and the one from s2Member. The one from s2 says that he can login because it has been edited to say that, and the registration link was removed from it. You should put the link back in and edit the copy so it reflects what should happen. Same for the thank-you page copy.

The person after payment now can register, WordPress won’t create an account automatically because he paid, he still has to register. So WordPress won’t be sending him the login credentials, the account doesn’t even exist yet.

The email and thank-you page should say that he can now register and login to get the course, and give the link for it. The email one would use the [hilite mono]%%registration_url%%[/hilite] replacement code, while the thank-you page would link to [hilite mono]/wp-login.php?action=register[/hilite].

That said, after paying, the site didn’t let me register, so I’m going to check the log entries for the transaction.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 4:33 am #14748

OK, I found what I think is the problem, you still haven’t updated the thank-you page URL with the right one over at ClickBank. It has to be the one s2Member gives you or s2 won’t have a chance to set the cookie in the user’s browser to let him register an account.

His only other way to register is through the special registration link s2 sends in the confirmation email, which right now isn’t there either.

From the s2Member documentation for the ClickBank thank-you page: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]

You’ll need the URL for your Thank-You Page, which is:

http://socialmediatrainingsolutions.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1

It is also possible to bypass s2Member’s Thank-You Page all together, if you prefer. You can take s2Member’s Thank-You Page URL ( shown above ), and add [hilite mono]&s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http://...[/hilite] where the value can be set to a custom Thank-You Page URL that you prefer.

Which would be something like this:

http://socialmediatrainingsolutions.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1&s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http%3A%2F%2Fsocialmediatrainingsolutions.com%2Fthank-you-for-your-purchase%2F

By the way, your salespage only has one button generated by s2Member, the other buttons are regular ones that won’t work with s2Member properly because they lack the variables s2 adds/needs.

You have to make those changes or the process won’t work properly.

I hope it helps.

Posted: Sunday May 27th, 2012 at 9:18 pm #14787
Eva Galfi

Thanks, Cristian. Great detective work!

I did everything you said and the site works now! Thanks for looking into it and figuring out what the issues were! I really appreciate all of your help in getting my site working!!

10,000 Thank yous!

Eva

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.