latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CNAME Config For Cloudfront

Home Forums Community Forum CNAME Config For Cloudfront

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 7:08 pm #10769

Hello,

I would normally configure a CNAME for a Cloudfront distribution as follows:

cdn.mysite.com CNAME d2sbvssvh4s.cloudfront.net

However, I can’t see how that would work with your “auto-configure” setup since
you (not me) would be creating the Cloudfront distribution. What should my CNAME
entry look like so that S2Member can auto-configure distributions?

J

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:26 am #10792

Hello Tuhin,

Your CNAME entry would still look like cdn.mysite.com, then after s2member has run its configuration routines you will be able to find you distribution url example.cloudfront.net in your AWS management console it will have a comment

Created by s2Member, for S3 Bucket: yourbucket.s3.amazonaws.com

Then point cdn.mysite.com to example.cloudfront.net in your DNS manager.

Or

Run the routine without CNAMEs then go to AWS find your distribution url, then go to your DNS manger point cdn.mysite.com to example.cloudfront.net, then when you know that cdn.mysite.com to example.cloudfront.net is live
you can go back into s2member tick Yes, ‘I want s2Member to auto-configure using custom CNAMES that I’ll setup.’ enter your CNAME and UNTICK ‘Yes, automatically configure my Amazon® CloudFront Distributions & Amazon® S3 ACLs for me.’ then save the changes

hope that helps

Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 1:11 pm #10804

So, I just let S2member create the distributions for me and *then* take those distributions and point my CNAMEs at them?

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #10932
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Tuhin,

Yes, that’s correct. When configuring CloudFront in s2Member (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage), just make sure you check the box that says Yes, I want s2Member to auto-configure using custom CNAMES that I’ll setup. and then enter your CNAMES in there.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.