latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Collecting Overdue

Home Forums Community Forum Collecting Overdue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  N. Lee 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:33 pm #60230
peoplescom
Username: cspannos

If a user subscribes at $5 per month through our site that uses s2Member Pro, and that user’s subscription is not collected upon billing — say because they do not have money in their account or there is a typo in their credit card, etc. — will s2Member Pro keep track of their overdue amount and try to bill them for the overdue next time? So, for example, the next month s2Member Pro should try to bill them $10 ($5 overdue from last month, and $5 for the current month). This is important so as not to lose all overdue donations — which could amount to thousands or, with a large enough user base, tens of thousands of dollars.

Similarly, is there a way to see all overdue users and then send only overdue users a mass email?

Thank you,
C.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 14th, 2013 at 4:43 pm #60362

s2Member leaves the billing aspect of the transaction up to the payment gateway and does not keep track of things like overdue amounts. For example with PayPal, you can specify how many times PayPal should retry a failed payment before giving up and canceling the subscription — this is handled by the payment gateway, not s2Member. The s2Member plugin simply integrates with the payment gateways and communicates with them in the background via the IPN messages to be notified about things that should approve, cancel, or upgrade an account.

For example, let’s say PayPal retries a failed payment 5 times and then gives up and cancels the subscription. When the subscription is canceled, PayPal notifies s2Member via the backend IPN integration. s2Member will automatically determine how much time the person actually paid for and set their account to expire when they’ve used up the remainder of their paid time. (See Dashboard → s2Member → PayPal Options → Automatic EOT Behavior.)

Posted: Monday Oct 14th, 2013 at 6:08 pm #60363
N. Lee
Username: grant

Do you have a suggestion on what I should do when i went to export and then import member base from one site (old server) to new site at its new server just to then find out that EVERY single paying member that has signed up since me having S2 is STILL an active member on a paying site after they should have been deleted months ago?

As in, a person signs up for 1 month access.. but yet its 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 months later and EVERYONE of them is still Level 1 access?

I’m literally right now trying to explain to my client just how this happened!

I use ccbill, and i have checked these members and their status their every one is listed as INACTIVE but yet S2 is still giving them access ala not demoting or even removing them!

I’m blown away right now, very unhappy.. and very upset trying to explain to client about this AFTER having referred S2 to them!

Posted: Tuesday Oct 15th, 2013 at 4:50 pm #60382

N. Lee,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. s2Member demotes or deletes users (based on the configuration in Dashboard → s2Member → ccBill Options → Automatic EOT Behavior) ONLY if the backend IPN integration is working properly. When a member stops paying or cancels their account, ccBill will send an IPN message to the s2Member installation and that will cause s2Member to delete or demote the users account. If that IPN configuration is not setup properly or if there’s a communications problem between the ccBill servers and the server where s2Member is running, then the accounts will not be demoted or deleted as expected.

I recommend double-checking the following sections:

Dashboard → s2Member → ccBill Options → ccBill Account Details
Dashboard → s2Member → ccBill Options → ccBill DataLink Integration
Dashboard → s2Member → ccBill Options → ccBill Approval/Denial URLs
Dashboard → s2Member → ccBill Options → ccBill IPN / Bg Post Integration

Posted: Tuesday Oct 15th, 2013 at 8:37 pm #60389
N. Lee
Username: grant

Actually, Im not gonna be so harsh on S2, Im moving servers now.. I’ve seen other non-s2 things going on that may be the culprit!
The more i delve into S2, I cant believe how genius it is! Some of the things I am able to do with it that dont even have anything to do with ‘membership’ is amazing! I literally spend hours in the docs and then going out and testing and tinkering and am amazed every single time lol.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.