latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Complex reg form + export questions

Home Forums Community Forum Complex reg form + export questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:14 am #4930
James M
Username: james

Hi,

I am needing to create an entry form for a musical competition. So basically, the registration form (which can be connected to WP via s2) needs to be quite complex, ideally with a bit of conditional logic? For example, if someone selects that they are entering in the Vocal section, then the vocal classes will appear. There will be 5 sections (Vocal, Instrumental, etc.), and up to 400 classes spread among them. Other fields would be things like date of birth, email address, etc.

I have all the classes in a spreadsheet, so I would want to bulk import them into the registration form. Obviously I wouldn’t want to manually create a form with this many possibilities.

I also need a decent exporting tool. Can the Pro version of s2Member help me export the entries? I would want to export, say, class 100, which would contain all the people that registered for that class.

Of course, if I’m barking up the wrong tree here (in terms of plugin choice), then let me know. Also if there are any other plugins that might be better suited, then I would greatly appreciate recommendations.

Kind regards,
James

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 8:00 pm #5110
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi James,

s2Member’s Custom Registration Fields feature is not designed for the complexity you describe.

If I was working on a similar project and needed to provide membership access to a site, I would either find another plugin that specifically handles form creation or custom-code my own form to the specs you described, and then hook into s2Member for the registration process. s2Member provides plenty of hooks that allow you to do this, as well as an API for creating new users via a snippet of PHP code (s2Member Pro required).

The current version of s2Member allows you to export user and custom field data to a CSV file, but there are no options for elaborate filtering like you described (e.g., ‘class 100’). The next version of s2Member, expected to be released towards the end of March, will have improved features in this regard.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.