latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Conflict with WP Calendar

Home Forums Community Forum Conflict with WP Calendar

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 2:43 pm #54406

Hi,
We’ve installed S2 Member on confidenthorserider.co.uk, but there seems to be some conflicts with another plugin product called WP Calendar.
If you go to our homepage, and see the EVENTS box in the right hand column. The event on Aug 9th: if you hover over, the link looks OK, but click it, and it diverts to the S2 member page. Same for Aug 16th, and Aug 20th.
However, Aug 4th and 17th events aren’t affected.

I’ve raised a ticket with Abel at WP Calendar, but he can’t figure this out.

I’ve checked varius settings in S2 including URI restrictions, but there’s nothing set to divert the links (in any case, access to the calendar is publically available and no subject to even free S2 membership.

Your advice and solution will be appreciated.
Rgds,
Simon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 8:56 pm #54417

Please see: s2Member® » Support Policy

Given this is related to another plugin (and a possible conflict); I suggest that you provide as much detail as you can that is related strictly to s2Member®. For instance, please describe what feature in s2Member you used to guard access to this calendar, and how that feature is not working as expected??

Also, if you can post screenshots in your next reply, that will work toward reducing response time. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 3:27 am #54462

Hi There,
I think you may have mis-understood. The initial description describes the symptom.
S2 does not and should not guard access to the WP Calendar, yet it is blocking some of the links to it as described.

With S2 disabled, links to WP calendar are not affected. With S2 enabled, the above symptom arises. Clearly, this is an unwanted issue with S2.

Please visit the website affected to see this symptom.

Thanks,
Simon

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 10:30 am #54505

I took a quick look. When I am redirected I’m seeing this in the address. These are called MOP Vars by s2Member® and they tell the tale about why the redirection occurred. See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

From the following screenshot (click to enlarge please); it indicates that this post (calendar page) is inside a protected category that requires Level 1 access; based on your configuration of s2Member®. If problems persist, please post a screenshot of all of your coniguration sub-panels here.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options

http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/2013/07/7-31-2013-6-26-50-AM.png

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 8:02 am #54591

OK, I’ve checked the matter you raise, and I can’t find anywhere in S2 config that protects access prior to or after Level 1 for calendar items. No restrictions seem to be set.

Taking one link on the homepage as an example, (right hand side, Aug 09th), this link when you hover over it shows the destination as http://www.confidenthorserider.co.uk/event/sussex-surrey-confidence-booster-day-fully-booked/

HOWEVER, when you click it, you are taken to the S2 members landing page – clearly unwanted S2 behaviour.

So, in the WP Event Calendar, you can see from this image that there is absolutely no restriction set on this, yet it is restricted somehow.
http://www.confidenthorserider.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/s2-issue.jpg

Look forward to hearing back.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 10:28 am #54596

I don’t see anything in your reply about the category. Did you check that out?

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 4:03 pm #54654

OK, I see – the category restrictions seemed to have ‘all’ stuck in them by default, and now that they are clear, this seems to have resolved the issue.
Thanks for your help.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 4:14 pm #54656

Great! Thanks for the follow-up. I appreciate it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.