latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Confused with Paypal Set-Up

Home Forums Community Forum Confused with Paypal Set-Up

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 2:04 pm #21651

I plan to run my site with s2 Pro and Paypal Pro for on-site payments… but before I pay for both services I’m trying test the free s2 on a dummy site to get use to the functionality.

I can find my API information on Paypal, so I’ve entered the Paypal email, API Username, and API Password into s2. No where do I see “API Signature”. When I searched Paypal for an “API Signature” the only Q&A I could find basically said, “Use API Certificate instead of your Signature, it’s much more secure”.

Well, Thanks Paypal for the advice. I’d still like to know what my API Signature is….

I’ve downloaded my cert_key_pem.txt from Paypal which contains a roughly 700 character Certificate ‘code’ as well as an RSA Private Key ‘code’. Both of which are too long to copy into the Paypal API Signature field in s2.

Please help! I’m anxious to get my site up and working with s2!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:56 pm #21657
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Terry,

Have you watched the following video?:

<Embed Playlist>

Hope this helps: :)

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 6:05 am #21691

Eduan,
Thank you for the link, I had not seen that video. I just finished watching it, but my question is still the same. In that video the s2 Member screens are slightly different than in the current free version; the API fields I see are not in the video. I went through the rest of setting up the Paypal Options screen according to the video (using email only in Paypal Account Details, no API information), went to the Paypal buttons screen, and get a red warning message to complete set-up on the Paypal Options screen.

-Still Stuck-
:(

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 10:17 am #21715
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terry,

You should be able to find the API Signature in your PayPal account in Profile -> API Access (or Request API Credentials). It should be in the same place you found your API username and password.

If you can’t find the API Signature, I suggest contacting PayPal and asking them where you can find it.

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 9:46 pm #21736

Found the issue. I had to have Paypal ‘remove’ my API Certificate which had been created 6 years ago, then request an API Signature. You can’t have both…

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECAPICredentials

Thanks for the help Eduan and Raam!

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:20 am #21769
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome Terry, glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.