latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Connect members without Buddypress

Home Forums Community Forum Connect members without Buddypress

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jeff Cherry 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 6:53 pm #47233

I had buddypress installed since January with constant Apache errors (hosted with Godaddy), so I finally deleted BP and have had no issues since then.

SO, is there any way or any plugins that would allow members to connect via in web emails or becoming “friends” without buddypress? I can’t go back to it; brutal and annoying.

I’d love your thoughts!

Amanda

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 7:25 am #47293

Hmm… I don’t know other social plugins for WP other than BuddyPress, but I haven’t really looked either. I’d suggest you search the plugins directory or ask in a general WordPress forum so you get more people to see your question and give suggestions.

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:12 am #47302

I found one, WP Symposium, but as soon as I tried it… I started getting the same errors! What a mess. It must be GoDaddy. So, I deleted that one too.

I’m wondering if there’s anything that’s NOT a full blown social network (as I’m clearly going to have issues) that will allow “lighter” connecting somehow. Maybe just being able to message each other or reading each others profiles and sending email outside of the site (just having their contact email listed).

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #47511
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’m wondering if there’s anything that’s NOT a full blown social network (as I’m clearly going to have issues) that will allow “lighter” connecting somehow. Maybe just being able to message each other or reading each others profiles and sending email outside of the site (just having their contact email listed).

Generally BuddyPress is the answer here. You can pick and choose what features you want with BuddyPress. I’d recommend asking about the errors you’re getting with BuddyPress on the BuddyPress Forums.

See: http://buddypress.com/support/

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 11:48 pm #47730
Jeff Cherry
Username: jcainc

I have S2Member running with Buddy Press on WP install and it works fine and I have never received any errors like you mention… must be an install issue, conflict of plugins or the host

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.