latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content Drip on alternate days

Home Forums Community Forum Content Drip on alternate days

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:40 pm #32942

I would like to have content drip every 24 hours. I would like the workout content and the video content avaible on different days. They would not be available on the same day. How do I do this? Please help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 7:10 pm #32957
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charlene,

For this you would use s2Member’s dripping features: Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

Something important to know, this is actually a PHP conditional, using a variable that s2Member provides. So you can use your own way of checking what date and day it is.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 9:29 am #33006

Eduan, thanks you for your help. I don’t know much about php, how can I get further help in setting this up?

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #33042
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Charlene,

If you need to hire a PHP programmer we recommend posting a job at jobs.wordpress.net. Otherwise, if you have any specific questions, we’ll be happy to help however we can.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:58 pm #33063

Can you help me accomplish this?

This is what I plan to use:

// If the user has been paid for your site for at least 1 day = 1){ ?> Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 1 day ago.

// If the user has been paid for your site for at least 2 days = 2){ ?> Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 2 days ago.

I have 18 workouts, after reaching the 18th workout the subscriber will start over with workout 1, what I need to know is how do I grant access to each individually using only one subscription and then recycle the same workouts.

I need to know how to only have each workout appear 24 hours.

It is a only one course. There is not a free registration period.

The member goes back to workout 18 to recycle.

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:09 pm #33122
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Charlene,

s2Member currently does not support the feature to “recycle” the content that is dripped. Because you are hoping to “recycle” your custom capabilities, you will need a bit of custom code to set this up. If you are uncomfortable working with PHP on your site, we recommend hiring a Freelance coder from http://jobs.wordpress.net, or http://elance.com/.

To handle this functionality your developer need to create usermeta values (or data that is stored in your database for each user) to decide what workout your user is on. To do this, you’ll want to create a PHP function that uses a timestamp to run a few processes and update this usermeta value to the correct workout, which you can use on a WordPress page.

I need to know how to only have each workout appear 24 hours.

It is a only one course. There is not a free registration period.

The member goes back to workout 18 to recycle.

To have a workout appear 24 hours every 24 hours, you will want to save the timestamp (as mentioned above) along with the workout number that your user is on to not display a new workout until 24 hours after the user has seen the workout for the first time.

OR

You can just have the workout show up for 24 hours, without making sure that the user has been it just by using the PHP conditionals outlined in Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®.

Because you only want these features to be shown to users that are Premium (or level 1) Members on your site, you may want to use the S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS PHP constant instead of the one in the Knowledge Base article.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.