latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content Dripping by Specific Date

Home Forums Community Forum Content Dripping by Specific Date

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 1:13 pm #62205
Zak
Username: thelifestylelist

I have a paid membership level that people can join at any time.

I will be releasing member only content once a week.

When a new member joins they will have access to the current weeks content.

What I would like to be able to do is drip content to members that have been around from a specific date – for example…

…if they have been a member since March 1st 2013 – they would get access to all previous weekly content up to this current weeks date (from March 1st 2013 to December 28th 2013).

However, if they had joined November 14th 2013 – they would only get access to all previous weekly content from November 14th 2013 to December 28th 2013).

How would I go about doing this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 6:04 pm #62216
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

You would need to have some php function to handle this I think.

I would use something like this:

You may need to create this file / directory: wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
Then put the following code in the s2-hacks.php file.

<?php
add_shortcode('dw-datecheck','dw_registration_access');
function dw_registration_access($atts,$content){
	extract(shortcode_atts(array('start' => date('Y:01:01')),$atts)); //set the shortcode attributes

if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_REGISTRATION_TIME <= strtotime($start)){ //Check the user's time vs the time set in the shortcode.
		return do_shortcode($content); //run the content
	}
}

?>

I just threw this together real fast without testing it, but that’s the basic idea.

Then you would use this around your protected content:

[dw-datecheck start="10/23/2013"]
This is the protected info.. only for users who joined on or before 10/23/2013.
[/dw-datecheck]

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 at 6:58 pm #62218
cassel
Username: cassel

I have been using a hack coded by Krum to do something like that (in fact, I have more than one hack in use).

One will allow the user to start getting access to content from the time they “purchase” the subscription, and will get everything after that purchase. A bit like a magazine subscription: you pay now, so you start getting access now. If you want past issues, you have to purchase them separately. This hack is called Clock Timer:
http://krumch.com/2012/11/06/kc-s2member-ccap-clock-timer/?ap_id=Cassel

The second hack he coded for me allows you to start a dripping content based on the member’s purchase date and not the registration date (which might be different).
http://krumch.com/2012/11/06/kc-s2member-ccap-drip-timer/?ap_id=Cassel

I am not sure if this would address all the requirements you have, but it might. And if it is close to what you want but need some tweaks, Krum can customize it for you.

(although those above are affiliate links, I am not getting any commission; it is only for tracking purpose)

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  cassel.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 1st, 2014 at 1:58 pm #62345
Zak
Username: thelifestylelist

Thanks for the replies :-)

And that is exactly what I’m looking for – but I have no idea how to do any of the stuff you just mentioned.

Could someone give me a step by step of how to do it!

Thanks so much for your help,

-Zak

Posted: Wednesday Jan 1st, 2014 at 2:09 pm #62346
cassel
Username: cassel

If you buy that hack, the instructions are detailed. And if it is not clear enough, Krum would be happy to help you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.