latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content Dripping

Home Forums Community Forum Content Dripping

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Russ Crowley 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:50 am #8198
Vincent Olaer
Username: volaer

Can someone give a step by step instructions on how to implement content dripping here on S2 Member? Thanks!!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:22 am #8235
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Vincent,

There are probably several ways to do this, the question is what is best for what you want to do.

If you want the content to show up on the same page, based on registration date, use something like this:

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30){ ?>
    Put your drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago here.
<?php } ?>

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 60){ ?>
    Put your drip content to Members that started paying you at least 60 days ago here.
<?php } ?>

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 90){ ?>
    Put your drip content to Members that started paying you at least 90 days ago here.
<?php } ?>

You will need to enable a php plugin such as this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-execution-plugin/

Also, if you want newer content to show on the top each time, just reverse the order.

If you wanted to do this with different pages, then you just add the correct code to each page.

However, You would have to have some page that also drips links to the new pages like so:

<a href="content-drip-30-days">View Newest Content Here</a>
<?php } ?>

Unless you can hook into the menu and add new content pages dynamically…

Hope that makes sense.

Dave

Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 12:44 am #8520
Vincent Olaer
Username: volaer

@David Thanks Man!

Now I deciphered how to exactly use it. So here’s the step by step.

1. Install Php Execute.
2. In your “posting area”, click “HTML” Tab, then enter:

Put your drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago here.
<?php } ?>

Change the number of days value as needed.

The instructions is more difficult to understand compared to how we implement it. LOL. It should be very easy to implement. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 6:55 pm #10205

Vincent, does that 3 year old PHP plugin still work? This PHP snippets plugin is more up-to-date, looks like it might be a better bet anyway AND allows you to install each PHP snippet as a shortcode, wherever you want.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:43 am #44322

I appreciate these posts are quite old, but I’m trying to implement a ‘reverse drip’: content is available on login, and then becomes unavailable after a specified period of time.

For example using your code:

= 30){ ?>
Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago.

How do I make this so that either content on a post or page, or an entire post and page itself disappear?

I tried changing >=30 to <=28 so users can see this for 28 days; but it doesn't work. The content is still visible.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Russ

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.