latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon Codes for recurring members

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon Codes for recurring members

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 6:01 pm #32834

I’ve created coupons with no expiration. Here is an example: CYBER|50%||ra-only.

I have now realized that this code cannot float around active indefinitely and I need to put an expiration on it.

When members joined using the code they got a message saying that their renewal rate would be at the discounted rate (50% off). If I add an expiration, will that still be the case or will they renew at the full price?

What would happen if I deleted the code from the system altogether?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 7:13 am #32891

Hi Mike.

If you delete the coupon from s2Member, then it won’t work anymore for new purchases. The existing subscriptions created with that discounted rate, will continue to be charged at that rate, though, because the new payments are not processing the coupon each time, that’s the amount that was entered to the payment gateway as the regular amount, so it’s what the gateway will charge each time. If you had used ta-only, then the discount would have applied to the initial/trial term, but you applied it to the regular amount.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:45 am #32911

Thank you. I’m assuming that I can also achieve the same effect by inserting an expiration date?

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 2:19 pm #32930
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

Yes, that’s correct. If you simply want the coupon code to be unusable after a certain date, you can set the expiration date. Any coupons that have an expiration date in the past will be unusable.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.