latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon codes without pro-form

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon codes without pro-form

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:34 pm #5538
cassel
Username: cassel

There was talk of possibly get the option to use coupon codes without the need of the pro-form (which is totally cumbersome for my need). Any word on that? Is it still in the plans? in development? Close to release?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 9:38 pm #5556
cassel

Just to clarify the request, i would like the option to use coupon codes but NOT use Paypal pro.

If i could use a coupon code feature without the pro form, it would be ideal.

If i have to use the pro-form to use the coupon, can i still use the standard paypal account? I do not have any need for the Credit cards use but strangely, the standard business account with Paypal seems to have more flexibility than the Express checkout since the user CAN use a CC if they want, without having to go inside Paypal.

What do you suggest?

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 5:11 pm #5732
Staff Member

Thanks for the feature request! We are working hard to make some new things possible, and this is certainly on our list. However, right now the only way to use Coupon Codes with s2Member is via Pro Forms. You can integrate Pro Forms with Express Checkout (via PayPal Standard), with PayPal Pro, or with Authorize.Net.

If i have to use the pro-form to use the coupon, can i still use the standard paypal account?

I’m sorry, no. PayPal Standard checkout occurs on the PayPal side, and there is no API for s2Member to connect with. PayPal Express Checkout is possible with Pro Forms, but not PayPal Standard (i.e. PayPal Standard works with Payment Buttons), which are not currently compatible with Coupon Codes.

Your best bet is a PayPal Pro account, or an Authorize.Net account. These more advanced solutions offer a greater degree of flexibility overall. I think you’ll find that “Button” integrations are too limiting for your needs.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 7:06 pm #5756
cassel

My problem is that the Paypal pro is too expensive for me, for now. So i would have to go with paypal express checkout if i need the Pro-form.

Now, maybe you can clarify other questions related to Paypal use:
– if i go with express checkout to use pro-form, does it mean that everything will go through Paypal express (including the Paypal buttons)?
– since i have a zencart that is totally separate from my s2M site, will the Paypal Express checkout affect that too since it is the same paypal account or it is “activated” only in certain conditions, like the use of pro-forms (which is not the case in the zencart)?

Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 3:26 am #6082
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

– if i go with express checkout to use pro-form, does it mean that everything will go through Paypal express (including the Paypal buttons)?

Right. If you integrate Pro Forms with PayPal, but without having a PayPal Pro account, then everything goes through PayPal Express Checkout instead. Everything, all credit card options, and even the PayPal option itself – via Express Checkout.

– since i have a zencart that is totally separate from my s2M site, will the Paypal Express checkout affect that too since it is the same paypal account or it is “activated” only in certain conditions, like the use of pro-forms (which is not the case in the zencart)?

I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do that. If you have a PayPal account with Express Checkout enabled, then the API is available for any software application to connect with. If you have another site that is using it, that’s fine, but if not, that’s also fine :-) The only thing to be careful about are IPNs. You’ll want to setup a central IPN processing script so that multiple software installations can receive IPNs from a single PayPal account.

We distribute a central IPN processing script example inside the /s2m-pro-extras.zip file. This is available for download inside your account here at s2Member.com.
Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 1:57 am #6394

Cassel.

I remember some months ago, having sent you an email with some instructions for a hack to use coupons with the buttons.

Do you still have it or want me to resend it?

Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 11:31 am #6454
cassel

I should still have it, but instead of paying a developper to set it all in place, i was hoping it was almost ready for a release in a new version. No point in paying now if something similar will come up within a short time, right? I am not in a real hurry but it would make my business go a little easier. I can still wait as i found some \”interesting\” workaround using conditionals (yeah, they are almost addictive!), so i might wait (unless one of you guys want to test run that option you emailed me, for free ;) ).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 2:23 pm #6460

Ah, got ya.

Yeah, this should be in the coming major release, probably in a month or so. No set date yet, just an estimate. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:11 am #6761
cassel

You see, the “problem” i have with paypal express is that although it seems to give the option to use a credit card in the pro-form, it really now REQUIRES a paypal account to use a credit card, while the paypal standard can let the user say “i dont have a paypal account” and pay with their credit card, making it even more flexible for those who do NOT have a PP account, or cannot have one, or choose not to have one. So it seems just kind of an upside down option: adding options with the pro-form removes some flexibility on the other end. That is my dilema!

As an added question: in the next update that might allow coupons without the pro-form, will it also allow a coupon for 100%? this might be a valuable feature to have.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:51 pm #6796

Yes, that’s planned for it as well. :)

Yeah, that’s a limitation with Express Checkout, I understand well what you mean.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:13 pm #6816
cassel

I guess i will wait. Thanks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.