latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon expiring too early… bug?

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon expiring too early… bug?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 11:00 am #36382
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

Example…
I set the coupon to expire on 1/6
It EXPIRED around 9 pm on 1/5

Goal… to expire at END of day on 1/6… but I could find no documentation on when a coupon expiration date is applied… at beginning of day or end… so I assumed or hoped it would be END of day…

One person emailed and complained about not getting their discount… so, double checked and discovered the coupon HAD expired early.

As a precaution, I changed the expiration date to 1/7… so it would run THRU 1/6… but now I have to watch it and manually change it as necessary… Because am concerned it will, again, end at 9 pm or so on 1/6… not at midnight (or end of day) ET as preferred.

The site is running on ET… I double checked it in General –> Settings.

However, I cannot find any timezone settings within S2, so I assumed it bases it’s calendar or days for the coupon on how the site is configured…

How to confirm this?
HOW TO RESOLVE OR SET THIS UP CORRECTLY?

Is this a bug in S2, perhaps or user error on my side?

Thanks…
Christine

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 9:12 pm #36529

Hi Christine.

Hmm… I’d never checked if the expiration date would be at the beginning or end of it. From your test, it seems it’s when the date is reached.

The 9pm thing does sound like a timezone difference thing. s2Member doesn’t set timezones, it uses WordPress’. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Settings -> General -> Timezone[/hilite]

WordPress uses two different times in parts of the code, though, so check if that setting does the trick in this case. Let me know how it goes.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:29 pm #37023
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

I already checked under settings –> General… then scrolled down the page to the timezone… and it was, indeed already set to the correct ET timezone.

I’m not sure where you mean when you say “two different times in parts of the code”…
Where is the other?

I looked but could not find.
Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:11 am #37118

I’m not sure where you mean when you say “two different times in parts of the code”…

This is what Jason told me some months ago regarding this:

Jason said:
FYI: Another important note. The WP framework sets the PHP ini setting for timezone to UTC. So all date() time() functions in PHP will return GMT/UTC time, and not the time zone configured for the site or on the server, or even in the PHP ini file (e.g. WP overrides all of that). In other words, the custom time zone you configure in your WP Dashboard is used only in dates displayed by your theme (when UTC/GMT is converted to your configured timezone), but not in date calculations. All date calculations in WP are in GMT/UTC time.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.