latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon-less Coupon codes?

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon-less Coupon codes?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 3:37 pm #6794
Adam Tal
Username: baduist

I need to create a special discounted program for some users and would like to avoid Paypal pro (mainly because it means I have to wait to be approved, and I want this deal out now).

Any ideas on what would be the best way?

I thought about just creating more Paypal buttons, and place them on special landing pages, with lower prices, longer trials etc.

But in this case I won’t be able to tell discounted users from each other, right?

Also I’m not quite sure if making a new button for Level #1 would actually work separately or make all my Level #1 members pay the discounted price?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:02 pm #6841
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Adam,

Please see below:

I need to create a special discounted program for some users and would like to avoid Paypal pro (mainly because it means I have to wait to be approved, and I want this deal out now).

While you don’t need to upgrade to PayPal Pro to start using the s2Member PayPal Pro-Forms, it’s true that you cannot use the Pro Coupon Codes feature without PayPal Pro. If you wanted to create your own custom coupon system, you could utilize the dynamic shortcode attribute feature to dynamically configure a PayPal button depending on which coupon code the user submitted (again, that would be a custom solution created by you).

Also I’m not quite sure if making a new button for Level #1 would actually work separately or make all my Level #1 members pay the discounted price?

Buttons are independent from each other, so any previously created Level 1 buttons would remain at the price and configuration the button was generated with.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Raam Dev.
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 3:11 am #6868
Adam Tal
Username: baduist

Thanks again Raam!

If I go for the one-more-button method, is there a way for me to distinguish between same-level members who are paying the lower price and the regular price?

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 10:39 am #6899
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad to help, Adam!

For that, you could assign a Custom Capability to the button (e.g., “discount”). When a user purchases with one of the discounted buttons, their account will have the Custom Capability called ‘discount’.

You can learn more about Custom Capabilities below:

<Embed Playlist>
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.