latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Creating special access to non-members

Home Forums Community Forum Creating special access to non-members

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:37 am #15252

Hi, I want to allow free access to an embedded audio file to users that ar not (yet) subscribed to any membership level.

The scenario I want to build is this: They try to access the post (or even better the audios) and are presented with the free registration form. They register and are immediately redirected to be able to hear the audio. I guess that is possible with the MOP variables. But it looks complicated to me and I don´t grasp what to do so that they land automatically on the post with the embedded audio.

More elegantly would be if this could be achieved with a popup, or with a widget, so that the user never leaves the post. Is this at all possible with s2member?

Thanks,
Demian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:08 am #15340

Hi Demian.

You could use the free registration pro-form in the Membership Options Page, and use the [hilite mono]success[/hilite] attribute pointing the page that bounced the user.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Of, if you don’t want the user to even leave the page, you would need to use conditionals in the page to check the user’s level and, based on that, show the content or the free registration pro-form, with the success attribute pointing to the same page.

You’d also need to auto-login the user after registration. Here’s a hack for that, although I don’t remember having tested it together with the success redirection, you may need to tweak it a little. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14211#p31548

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.