latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Crerating a new user with a sale

Home Forums Community Forum Crerating a new user with a sale

This topic contains 49 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 24 replies - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 6:42 am #11542

Cool. :)

Make sure you’re not logged in to your account when you click the order button, please. I hope it all goes fine for you too.

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 8:06 am #11544

first one went through no problem, second abd third ones advised me and recorded in log but not arrived so far.
one was to jane.howitt@ymail.com and one to
tonymorgan@centralheatingexperts.com

neither of these got through which is back to where we started and the reason I installed WP-Mail-SMTP and email log.
AARRGGHH !
BTW I put a page in membership options.

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 8:22 am #11546

also I tried the login details sent to me and they dont work. My first trial went through as yours did. that was to a gmail account. none of the others were

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 8:26 am #11547

now it wont even let me log into wp-admin!

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:00 am #11550

aso wasn’t asked to register . Just got page which said
Thank you , you must check your email before proceeding and a button to go back to home page.
of course nothing in email except receipt for clickbank order!

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:06 am #11552

all in all it lookslike the only emails that work are gmail. I amusing SMTP host as localhost but the same thing happened when I used googlemail.com.

I also put define(“LOCALHOST”, true);. into config.php but suppose that makes no difference

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 10:50 am #11559

Very sorry to say this but as nobody has been able to find a solution
to this can you please refund my s2member pro payment as it is “not
fit for the purpose”. I will hoeveer say that the support has been
outstanding except you didn’t find a resolution.

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:59 pm #11561

I so want this to work, can you think iof anything else ?
seems to work for gmail accounts only !!!
I spoke to my host (namescheap.com) who said change SMTP host to localhost instead of googlemail.com
no diff.
do you think problem is with host ? I could move over to hostgator.

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 1:49 pm #11562
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kath,
just a note, I believe emails aren’t sent in a localhost enviroment. Since localhost enviroments do not have this capability.

If I understood correctly, your site is in a local host.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 2:52 pm #11563

Yes, as it wasnt working I was adised to speak to my host. When I did they said change SMTP host to local host. It then worked for the first time, but it turned out only to googlemaile addresses. the plot contiues to thicken.
Any more thougths welcome

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 6:47 pm #11569

OK, I tried a new purchase with a Ymail account. The purchase went fine, got sent to the thank-you page and there I clicked the link to the registration, and I registered the account.

In my email I got the ClickBank email, but I didn’t get a single email from your site, not the confirmation email that s2Member sends through WordPress, or the New User email WordPress sends.

To test if this was something that s2Member is causing, I tried an email from your site that wasn’t touched by s2Member at all, so I tried the Lost Password tool and got this message from WordPress:

The e-mail could not be sent.
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function…

I don’t know if it’s the SMTP plugin to send the emails, or of it’s server related, but it seems to be a problem outside s2Member, since s2Member doesn’t alter the mail functionality of WordPress.

Do you always have this problem with Ymail accounts? If you deactivate the s2Member plugin and register an account with a Ymail address, do you get the email?

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 8:29 pm #11573

I still haven’t received the WordPress emails to my Ymail account after all this time, so it wasn’t normal delay.

I suggest that you deactivate all the plugins and try to register an account with a Yahoo address and see how that goes, then start activating the plugins one by one again. This would help determine if the problem is being caused by a plugin.

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:00 am #11586

will do that today but suspicious of wp_mail_SMTP as it can’t send the test emails !! As you say, could be casued by another plugin. Do I need this SMTP sender ?

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:09 am #11587

Well, the SMTP plugin helps some solve the emails problem, but many have their WP send emails just fine without it. I say you can deactivate it with the rest of the plugins and test to see if you can find where the problem is.

If WP without plugins doesn’t send the email to Yahoo accounts, then the problem is either in the WP installation or the server. If it works, then start adding plugins one by one, testing after each.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:10 am #11684
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

I’ve just reviewed this entire thread, and it seems now that you’re experiencing issues with email deliverability. If tests from your server (outside the control of s2Member) are failing as well, then it would lead one to believe there is a deeper issue here, one which is causing email sent via PHP scripts to fail.

I would suggest contacting your web host, and ask them to test your installation of PHP to ensure that both of these functions can send email properly. The functions are as follows: mail() and wp_mail().

Conclusion. This is a server issue, not a software issue with s2Member.
Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:15 am #11686

I’m nhot using php ghave installed wp-mail-SMTP pluging in order to send via SMTP
At the moment am deactivating plugins to try to find the culprit. Maybe I dont need to go through SMTP and PHP would work.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:18 am #11690

sorry about typos !
maybe I’ll star by deactivating WP-mail-SMTP to see if send ok with PHP. Trouble is, no easy test button for that, or is there ?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:22 am #11707

Woo Hoo, I just reached somebody who knew what he was talking about at my host uppoert and he changed the Please use server34.web-hosting.com as SMTP host and port 25

went like a dream
Now to re-test the buying process again.

thanks for your patience

Kath

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:26 am #11709

Oh right well he also said to send with pHP as they have restictions with SMTP to stop spam. Hope this will beOK with S2member

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:40 am #11711

my head is spinnin, now I’m not sure how ir whether I can set up S2member to use PHP instead of SMTP? can’t even think where to look!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:49 am #11712

also, after puchase it jsut asks to check email and doesn’t askt to register. Thihnk I’m back to origianl problem so muyst need to tell email it’s using PHP ?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #11718

also, after puchase it jsut asks to check email and doesn’t askt to register.

If there’s a delay from ClickBank to communicate with s2Member behind the scenes, then s2Member tells the person to check his email, which is sent as soon as s2 hears from CB. Normally s2 hears back from CB immediately and displays the thank-you page with a link to register.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 4:03 pm #11746

ok fair enough but clickbank seem to write to the buyer immediately

there is still this quesion of emailing using php and what do I need to do so it uses that and doesn’t try for SMTP which my host has resstricted.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 5:49 pm #11762

You should ask your webhost about their recommended configuration for that. They must know the best way to have WordPress set up in their environment. :)

Viewing 24 replies - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.