latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Crerating a new user with a sale

Home Forums Community Forum Crerating a new user with a sale

This topic contains 49 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:47 am #10354

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 6:50 am #10355

sorry for the typos

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:19 pm #10382
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kath,

Please see my replies below:

1) Your Thankyou page is not clear enough: one of my testers missed that it said thankyou and one of them
missed that they were asked to register. Of course I could call them stupid but maybe the page needs ot be clearer.

I wanted to do mny own hankyou apoge but your warnings agains it seem dire so I haven’t risked it yet.

You can customize the ClickBank Thank You page; please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration, including the Thank-You Page Template sub-section.

2) they never received the email with their password in it.

Please see Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems for help diagnosing email issues.

3) when they go to the login -page it is pre-completed with the username I use when I log in as administrator! My two
testers sometimes login as administrator too. Is this some kind of cookie or will it happen to everybody ?

There are no cookies that store the username; however your web browser can be configured to store the username for you. The only reason you see the username there is because you (or one of your testers) logged in with that username and the web browser saved it for them (again, this is an option within your web browser… you can turn it off and clear all stored usernames).

4) when they say they’ve forgotten password and request a new one they ge an email which says

[…]

Firstly I think it’s confusing to say from the following account then mention to main site, can you not
change that ? It’s really fromn the username not from the site name. Also you don’t need that wordpress
stuff at the top if it’s possible to get rid of it. I imagine you’re going to say it’s all under wordprss
control but given how adaptable wordpress is I feel sure it can be corrected.

That email is generated by WordPress, not s2Member. It’s certainly possible to customize it, but you’ll need to either add some custom code or install a 3rd-party plugin that modifies the Reset Password email. I suggest doing a Google search.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:56 am #10461

Hi Raam,
thankyou for your help
re” 2) they never received the email with their password in it.

Please see Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems for help diagnosing email issues.”

I have done everything on that page but no email arrives and the log says so emails
I had already set logging on in the paypal options/account and the same in the clickbank options but still no emails.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #10486
Raam Dev
Staff Member

and the log says so emails

Is that “and the log says no emails”? If the Email Log plugin doesn’t show any emails going out, please see my next question:

If you have enabled logging and conducted another test, please copy and paste any relevant log entries here related to the test transaction. Please check all of the log files for related entries. Also, before posting the log entries, please remove any private information (such as email addresses).

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:25 am #10552

sorry, dont know where else to find a log
email log has nothing in it.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:28 pm #10578
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kath,

You’ll need to enable s2Member logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging) and then conduct another test that should generate an email. Once you’ve done that, you’ll find log files in wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/. Please download and search those log files for transactions related to your test transaction and then copy/paste those entries here.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #10594

I have done this in paypal optuions some time ago AND also in clickbank options which is where I’m putting the sales through.
in plugins/s2member-logs there are 2 clickbank logs and 2 paypal logs, presume you just need te clickbank ones ? As they are not formatted they are not very readbale, is there any way I can send these to you privately ?

Posted: Thursday Apr 12th, 2012 at 12:01 pm #10662
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kath,

You can use the Private Contact form to send us your log files. Please attach all of the log files, not just the ClickBank ones.

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 10:34 am #10724
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kath,

I looked at your log files and I noticed several instances where the logs indicated the following:

Unable to modify Subscription. The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access. Please make sure that you are NOT logged in as an Administrator while testing.

Could you please re-test, making sure that you’re fully logged out and that you’ve cleared your browser cookies?

I also noticed some log entires that indicated s2Member should’ve sent the signup confirmation email. If you never received a signup confirmation email during your tests, could you please confirm that you’ve installed and configured the WP Mail SMTP plugin as described here?

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:54 pm #10745

yes I did that a couple of time but logged out and tried again

No I had not installed the WP Mail SMTP but I have now and it still doesn’t work. However, I have to admit to
being completely confused about the required entries so I used a gmail account and copied the example exactly.
when it failed it send me a debugging output file which I have sent to you separately.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:40 am #10897

I’ve just tried again.
I used a gmail account to buy
email log recoded the message passing pasword to user but it never arrived!!
Aarrgghh!
Now I’m going to try again with a non gmail address.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:48 am #10898

huh, the plost thickens, this time I tried with a non gmail account.
I got a different thankyou page. this time without the option to register. However still no email received and this time nothing in email log.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:16 am #10899
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kath,
just a little curious about something:
Do you have PayPal sandbox activated? You can find out under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details.

Please tell me the results.

Thanks. :)

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 2:37 pm #10913

no, NOT enabled

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #10916

is it ok to be using this smtp.gmail.com on port 465 ? becasue it’s not working. the email log thinlks it’s sending but the email isn’t getting out.

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:03 am #11210

465 seems correct from what I’ve seen.

Kath, at this point I’m a bit confused about what is working and not working for you. Could you explain, after the recent changes you’ve made, what is happening when you make the test purchase? Give all the details you can, since I can’t see it for myself. If you can take screenshots, that’d be very helpful too.

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:19 am #11211

Ok here we go. I have a test produc in clickbank and I keep making their “fake” creditcard numbers and buying the product. It goes through click bank fine then gets to you.
You put up the registration form (BTW shoudl say no spaces in username) the buyer enters username and you say you’ll email the password. It never arrives.

I installed plugin WP-Mail-SMTP and told it to use smtp.googlemail.com on port 465

when I run a test it says –
The SMTP debugging output is shown below:

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection timed out (110)

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

I also installed email log and this is saying –

April 16, 2012 @ 10:31 am kath@fasttrackyouronlinesuccess.com [] New User Registration
April 16, 2012 @ 10:31 am kathavfm@gmail.com Your new [] Username/Password for your 7 days to Fast Track Your List Building Video course

which looks as if its working !!!! (why if smtp test failed?) BUT it never arrives.

I am totally distressed and at a loss now.

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 1:49 am #11324

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Have you contacted your webhost about the SMTP problem?

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:31 am #11510

Hurray, jsut spoke to host and they said to change SMTP host to localhost.
The test email went trhough like a dream, now to try the whole buying process again, hope I wont be writing to you again!

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:48 pm #11513

!ӣ$%%^!
back to square one.
not sending email at all, no in emai log, after purchase doesn’t ask you to register just says go and see your email
Of course there is NO EMAIL !!!!

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:54 pm #11514

if this cannot be sorted in the next day I will have to go to wishlist member and request a refund for my pro payment.

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:17 pm #11525

Kath, could you please send the login info so I take a look at the configuration, and the FTP info so I can look at the logs? I’d like to dome some test purchases and see if I can find the problem that way.

Also, please include a newly generated ClickBank test card to make the test purchases. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks.

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 4:21 am #11531

thanks have sent you a contact form

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 5:09 am #11534

Thanks Kath, I got the info and did a test purchase.

It all went fine, after checkout I was taken to the thank-you page, clicked the link to proceed to the registration page, registered the account, got the email with the password, went and logged in with it fine. Then I logged in with the admin account to verify the role the account was given, and it’s the one you labeled “Giveaway Video Course Member”: s2Member Level 1. The logs don’t show an error for the transaction either.

I did notice a warning in your General Options page for s2Member, saying that you hadn’t set a Membership Options Page and the s2Member access restrictions won’t be applied until you do. You should pick a page for that, probably the one you sent me to find the button to purchase with.

Did I miss something? What is the problem you’re having right now exactly? I didn’t find something other than the Membership Options Page thing to report. I’ll be waiting your update.

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 6:41 am #11541

wow it seemed to go through really well. I got a notiofication of the sale too]
Not sure why it”s not working for me. Will go and do again and let you know.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.