latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CSV File Import will not work AT ALL

Home Forums Community Forum CSV File Import will not work AT ALL

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:03 pm #20331
Jeremy
Username: msandrea

I have followed all the instructions for the csv file it is in the proper format and every time I upload it says upload complete 0 members added successfully. I am getting a little irritated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:54 pm #20354

Hi Andrea.

Do you get an error message saying why they weren’t imported?

Could you post here, inside code tags, the first rows of your CSV file, please? Or send it using the contact form, so we can review it.

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #20409
Jeremy
Username: msandrea

Below is the first few lins of my csv file. Of course I left the first cell blak which is id.

axxxxx	yoga123	Alice	C	Alice	xxxxx@xxxxx.org		1								
axxxxx	yoga123	Debbie	A	Debbie	xxxxx@hotmail.com		1								
axxxxx	yoga123	Alex	T	Alex	xxxxx@me.com		1								
axxxxx	yoga123	Alana	F	Alana	xxxxx@gmail.com		1								
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove private information
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 2:02 am #20488
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andrea,

Your format is incorrect. The fields must be Comma-Delimited, not Tab-Delimited. This is the correct format:

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email"

Please see the note at the top of Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation:

Import files can be uploaded in CSV format, or you can copy/paste data into the form field provided. In either case, you MUST follow the examples given below. Please double-check your data before clicking the Import button. Make sure that all data fields are properly encapsulated by double-quotes, and separated by commas. You’ll also need to make sure that all of your data fields are in the proper order, based on the examples given below.

To get a file with the correct format, you may want to first export your current users and then open that file to use it as a starting point.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:00 pm #21035

Do you actually put the commas in the fields names or just the quotations around the fields names on the csv file?

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 7:01 am #21079

Well, the values are enclosed by the double quotes, and they are separated by commas.

"value","value","value"
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 8:07 am #21091

Is this something you have to do manually for each member or is this understood when the file is saved as CSV?
I’m just not clear on how to format the CSV file.

S2member really needs to do a video on how to format the files and and the actual import process.

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 9:04 am #21100

You can create a test user. If you have custom profile fields, fill them all out for this test user so they’re not empty. Then export the users from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation[/hilite]

Open the CSV file in a text editor and you’ll see the proper format. You can open it in Excel to edit it and add new rows for the rest of the users, and then import them here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

You can post here, inside code tags, the CSV file you export with this test user if you have any questions about it. I’ll take a look at it and help as I can explaining what you don’t understand.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:10 am #21113

I finally figured it all out.
The import is done and everything looks good.

WOW..that was real headache. A video is definitely in need for this process

Posted: Saturday Aug 4th, 2012 at 11:56 pm #21171
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update. We will definitely consider doing a video for this.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.