latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CSV import

Home Forums Community Forum CSV import

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #6602

Hi,
I have read the info found on “User/Member CSV Importation” but I can’t seem to get the right content into the right field. From several threads I have copied the following:
“ID”,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Email”,”Website”,”Role”,”Custom Capabilities”,”Registration Date”,”First Payment Date”,”Last Payment Date”,”Auto-EOT Date”,”Custom Value”,”Paid Subscr. ID”,”Paid Subscr. Gateway”
and then added my custom fields:
“Custom Field ID #street”,”Custom Field Value #street”,”Custom Field ID #town_city”,”Custom Field Value #town_city”,”Custom Field ID #state”,”Custom Field Value #state”,”Custom Field ID #postcode”,”Custom Field Value #postcode”,”Custom Field ID #birthday”,”Custom Field Value #birthday”.
Trying the following line I only get User Name, First Name, Last Name, Nick Name, Display Name, Email. All the rest including role is empty:
“”,”Albert”,”Albert”,”Cath”,”Albert”,”Cath Albert”,”cat-b@gmail.com”,””,”VIP Loyalty Club Member”,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,””,”119 Jenner St”,”Cessnock South”,”NSW”,”1235″,”13/07/87″
Please advise!!!!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Ian Mackey.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Ian Mackey.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:57 am #6643
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

I think the problem in your attempt was that you did not include the Custom Field IDs, only the values?

For instance, in this example taken from the s2Member Import/Export panel, there are two Custom Fields, one with the ID “interests”, and another with the ID “t_shirt_size”. The IDs should match those which you’ve configured under: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

"","johnsmith22","mY!passwrD","John","Smith","John Smith","john.smith@example.com","http://www.example.com/","2","music,videos","12/31/2000","01/10/2001","12/31/2020","12/31/2021","www.example.com|123.357.125.654","I-2342934SSER243","paypal","interests","fishing,biking,computers","t_shirt_size","xx-large"
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:53 pm #6709

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for that fast reply and sorry for not having seen that. Custom fields are ok now!
One field that does not work is the “role” filed: Whatever I type in there, the test import comes up with either “none” or “-“. I wanted in there “VIP Loyalty Club Member”. “VIP Loyalty Club Member”can be selected when I go to browse members and check them individually. What can I do?

Cheers
Ian

PS: I tried both “Role” and “Level[0-9]+ or Role ID”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Ian Mackey.
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 1:42 pm #6774
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ian,

If “VIP Loyalty Club Member” corresponds to s2Member Level 1, then try using s2member_level1 in the role column. (If it corresponds to s2Member Level 2, then use s2member_level2, etc.)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:23 pm #6822

Hi Raam,
I tried your suggestion but it did not work. I played around with the column name and the entry for the actual members and the following worked: header – “Level[0-9]” (instead of “Level[0-9]+ or Role ID”); actual member data set “0” (instead of “s2member_level0”).
Thanks again for your help!!!

Cheers
Ian

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:29 pm #7108

Hi Ian.

Could you manually set one of your users at the role you want, editing the role in their profile page? Then export your users and copy the value for that user in the role column and use that in the import file.

Let us know if that works, please. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 10:01 pm #7327

Hi Raam,

Thanks for your suggestion. And sorry – I think I might not have explained myself clearly:
My user level “0” was actually called “VIP Loyalty Club Member”. After I played around with the names of the columns and the individual entry and found a way that worked I then already imported all entries and everything went well.
Instead of the playing around the way I did (on the 29th) I could have done what you suggested on March 2nd and would have come to a solution much easier. I’ll keep that in mind in case I run into a similar problem in the future, thanks!
Problem solved!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:02 am #7396

Great! Thanks for the update! I’m glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.