latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Current Posts published on Google!!! EEEk!

Home Forums Community Forum Current Posts published on Google!!! EEEk!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 5:22 pm #54179

Trying to create a very secure site for members only. Members struggling to log in as this is new to them. DAR ladies. I as administrator received message from WordPress that “admin” was trying to access so we were shut down for 24 hours. Not a user or a password we use. Now, I google, betsychat.com and find every post has been published on Google but not on the site itself. Security? What on earth have I done?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:03 am #54227

I as administrator received message from WordPress that “admin” was trying to access so we were shut down for 24 hours. Not a user or a password we use.

Who sent this email please? Your hosting company? I’m not clear on what’s really happened here, and I suspect anyone that could help you will need more details about all of this please. Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:24 pm #54243

Mike, thanks for reply. the notices came from WordPress and were like this:
16 failed login attempts (4 lockout(s)) from IP: 72.172.131.19

Last user attempted: admin

IP was blocked for 24 hours

Site5 had me disable a plugin for logins and then reenable it. They, then looked at it and enabled it from their side. The chronology of this is not clear to me because I received another admin hack notice. After going through Google search and seeing our supposedly secure posts published after googling betsychat.com, I could wait no longer – I destroyed the site. I have now registered another name that should be “safe” for us. This is horrible for us and I could not tolerate it. I will, however, try to use S2member pro again as it seems to be the very best choice. mac

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 1:57 am #54262

OK. Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like it could have been a combination of things. Interesting.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.