latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Current WP users/accounts

Home Forums Community Forum Current WP users/accounts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Krista Molino 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:59 am #37575

We are considering adding S2 to a WordPress site. I see where I have to/how to import users if I’m moving from another membership platform but currently the client’s 10,000+ customers are in WordPress’ built in database as subscribers. Will we have to import those to S2member, or will it recognize them, or how would that work?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:49 pm #37594
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Import/Export functionality is a feature provided by s2Member® Pro. You will need to look over the documentation in your Dashboard regarding the format of your CSV import file. Regardless of what platform you’re coming from, you will need to construct a CSV import file to the specs detailed here please.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 12:58 pm #37596

Thanks. When a user is created via s2member, does it add that user to the existing WordPress user/subscriber database?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:46 pm #37614
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

When a user is created via s2member, does it add that user to the existing WordPress user/subscriber database?

Yes, that is correct. s2Member integrates seamlessly with WordPress. We use the same database tables that come with WordPress. Users are stored in the `wp_users` table, and meta data is stored in `wp_usermeta`.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:47 pm #37615

BUT, users that already exist in those tables prior to installation of s2member are not part of s2member. Correct?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #37632
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

It depends on what Role they have in WordPress.

s2Member® Membership Levels Provide Incremental Access
* A Member with Level 4 access, will also be able to access Levels 0, 1, 2 & 3.
* A Member with Level 3 access, will also be able to access Levels 0, 1 & 2.
* A Member with Level 2 access, will also be able to access Levels 0 & 1.
* A Member with Level 1 access, will also be able to access Level 0.
* A Subscriber with Level 0 access, will ONLY be able to access Level 0.
* A public Visitor will have NO access to protected content.

New and/or existing WordPress® “Subscribers” are at Membership Level 0. If you’re allowing Open Registration, Subscribers will be at Level 0 (a Free Subscriber). WordPress® “Administrators”, “Editors”, “Authors”, and “Contributors” have Level 4 access, with respect to s2Member. All of their other Roles/Capabilities are left untouched.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Levels/Labels

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #37634

GREAT, thanks. That’s the information I was trying to elicit and I was puzzled when the first reply to this thread said I’d have to import them anyway. Appreciate the help; sorry I had trouble finding it myself in the documentation.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.