latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Buttons

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Buttons

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 5:46 pm #23092

I created the paypal buttons. I did one for the different levels. I have a custom button I would rather use than the PayPal button that is generated. How do I go about using the button I have created. Is there a link that can be generated for the custom button?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #23095
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Randy,

If the button you generated was generated over at paypal.com, then follow the instructions in this topic in order for it to work with s2Member correctly:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 9:14 pm #23098

Here is the layout with the buttons I want to use. Would this help decide how to add the code for the buttons to actually work? We have a FREE button, Yearly Membership, Semi-Annual Membership and Monthly Membership.

14-Day Trial

Try it out

• Flexible
  • Public and Private
  • Software Upgrades
  • Technical Support
  • 20GB Storage
  • Additional Storage*
  • Additional Modules*
  • Vault Backup

FREE

join now

Yearly

Best Value

• Flexible
  • Public and Private
  • Software Upgrades
  • Technical Support
  • 20GB Storage
  • Additional Storage*
  • Additional Modules*
  • Vault Backup

$1495mo

join now

Semi-Annual

Building History

• Flexible
  • Public and Private
  • Software Upgrades
  • Technical Support
  • 20GB Storage
  • Additional Storage*
  • Additional Modules*
  • Vault Backup

$1995mo

join now

Monthly

Perfect for an event

• Flexible
  • Public and Private
  • Software Upgrades
  • Technical Support
  • 20GB Storage
  • Additional Storage*
  • Additional Modules*
  • Vault Backup

$2495mo

join now

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 5:53 am #23148
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Randy,

Have you followed the instructions that Eduan provided?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 8:43 am #23284

New Question. I forgot where to post a new question. Maybe you an let me know. Here is my new question? There is some additional information we require once a person has paid and registered. We have S2 once logged in going to their profile page. Is there a way to add additional questions that can be asked at that time? Or, do we have to ask these questions when they are registering?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 9:25 pm #23496
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Randy,

You can post new questions here:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/customers/

Regarding your question above: Yes, you can use s2Member Custom Profile fields for this (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields). When you create the field, you can define where the field should appear. If you don’t want to show the field during registration but only want it to show on their profile after they login, you can specify that there.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 11:20 pm #24453

I will check that out. Is it possible to have the registration page be a custom page. I need to have several fields asked and it makes the registration form very long. Not very attractive. If we can do a custom page that would solve the layout problem.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 6:30 am #24502

Hi Randy.

You mean breaking down the registration form into several steps or just change the layout? In any case, it’d require you to create a hack to get it that way.

Are you using wp-login.php?action=register, or an s2Member registration pro-form?

Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #24693

After payment with paypal I need to redirect to a URL. Can you confirm I have the success shortcode listed correctly below.

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Monthly Subscription / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.mylivinghistory.org" ta="0" tp="14" tt="D" ra="24.95" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" success="http://www.mylivinghistory.org/final-setup-questions" /]
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 8:02 am #24738

Yeah, the [hilite mono]success[/hilite] attribute looks okay. You can now test it with a live 1-cent transaction. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 8:33 am #24743

We are currently using the wp-login.php?action=register, form. What would I need to do to use the pro-form? How can make the registration form take on the layout of the website? In our members area if a person goes to edit their profile all the text shows up in white so you can’t read the questions. How can we change the text color? If you need to view the form you can register for free and go to the members area. Click on Profile and you will see what I am talking about. Not sure how to correct it. http://www.mylivinghistory.org. Thank You.

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:54 pm #24833
Raam Dev
Staff Member

We are currently using the wp-login.php?action=register, form. What would I need to do to use the pro-form?

You would need to generate a Pro-Form shortcode and then place that shortcode on a WordPress page (a ‘Registration’ page). Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide for more information.

How can make the registration form take on the layout of the website? In our members area if a person goes to edit their profile all the text shows up in white so you can’t read the questions. How can we change the text color?

You’ll need to add your own CSS styles to override the defaults that s2Member generates. For extensive modifications, you can also customize the Pro-Form templates. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates? and Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.