latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capabilities just stopped working.

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capabilities just stopped working.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 5:34 pm #8649
Will
Username: paintscape

Without making any changes other than s2member updates, the custom capabilities api smart codes are not generating the page specific access when a new user purchases access any longer. The Paypal custom capabilities buttons are not adding the specific access. I am adding this here because you request it be posted to the forum. I am also sending a detailed private email.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:17 pm #8666
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.
~ Details received via email.

NOTE: The FTP access credentials you provided are not working properly for us. Can you please check those and try again? Please re-submit your FTP login details through this form: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Also, please let us know what version of s2Member you upgraded from, and point us to the page on your site where your s2Member payment button and/or Pro Form shortcodes are located.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:37 pm #8669
Will

Thanks Jason,
It is on its way…

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 8:17 am #8821
Will

Just checking in to see if anyone has any ideas on why the custom capabilities are not showing up under a users account? Nothing was changed in the setup other than a couple of updates to s2member. I am hoping to get a solution soon as this is a problem because the client needs to manually add then to each account. A hassle for everyone involved.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:55 pm #8848
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Will,

I have sent Jason a message to see if he has any further details on this. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 4:46 am #8878
Staff Member

Investigating this now. Thanks for your patience.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:43 am #8889
Staff Member

Hi Will. I’ve just taken a look at your site.

Interesting. I’ve not yet been able to reproduce the issue that you reported. I reviewed your log files, your existing userbase and even created a test account. Everything seems to be working properly from my end.

Your s2Member log files indicate that all customers are processing successfully, and that all Custom Capabilities are being applied properly. I also tested with username “TestWSInc”, and Custom Capability “asl_expansion”. Upon accessing the account page, I receive a link to that CEU. Upon clicking that link I am granted access.

Sorry, please let us know what we’re missing? Thanks!

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am #8904
Will

Thanks Jason,

Wow, this is one of those, “took it to the auto repair shop and it ran perfectly” weird experiences! When I ran it through Paypal as a test the CEU didn’t show up in a test account! But that was before your magic figures touched it…

I will try again and will keep track of exactly what happens and let you know…
;)

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:16 am #8911
Will

Good news,
It worked for me too! Gremlins I guess…

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:32 pm #8938
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, Will. Let us know if you experience this again. Any additional information you can provide will be helpful. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.