latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Capability Subscription

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Capability Subscription

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #16772
Anita Sig
Username: anitasig

Hi there,
I am evaluating the free version, so far so good. There is one thing however that I cannot sort out how to accomplish and that is selling a subscription independent of membership level. I realize that I can create a custom capability PayPal button but that seems to only work for a one time payment.

I need to set up a sort of a paid newsletter subscription that anyone can subscribe to independent of their membership level. Could I perhaps assign a membership level to this independent subscription and somehow use API scripting to restrict access of other membership levels? But then again, can a single customer have two membership levels, the original one and the independent one?

I am a bit confused here and hope you can help.

Thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 7:36 am #16884

Hi Anita.

So you already have users with a subscription for a level, and you’re trying to sell them a second subscription? The problem is that s2Member can’t handle more than one subscription per user yet. This will be possible in the new s2Member we’re developing, but that’s still not ready for release.

If I didn’t understand correctly, could you explain what your current membership is like, please? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:23 am #16894
Anita Sig

Yes, you understand it correctly

I have set up member levels based on my products, some with recurring payments and a drip content feature and some with a one time payment that provides access to different training modules and forums.

I also have a stand alone subscription based product (monthly training videos), similar to a paid e-mail campaign, that I want to offer all members as well as non-members and cannot figure out how to do this. Subscriber subscribes and receives video 1, and video 2 upon next payment, just like dripping content. It seems like I need the PayPal Capability button to have a recurring feature or have you any other ideas?

Thank you kindly,
Anita

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 7:43 pm #16941
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Anita,

You’d need to do two things: Use Custom Capabilities to identify those members who have purchased your subscription product and also funnel members and non-members to the correct signup page: Non-members need to become members when they purchase the subscription product and existing members need to have their existing recurring payment upgraded to include the additional subscription amount.

If you’ve decided to use the Custom Capability called “subscription” to identify those members who have signed up for the subscription, then you’d simply include additional conditional checks within your content dripping code to check if the member attempting to access the content has the “subscription” custom capability.

Non-members would need to signup on a page that uses a Pro-Form or PayPal button configured to assign the “subscription” custom capability, and existing members would need to sign up using a Pro-Form or PayPal billing modification button/form (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms or Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons) that updates their existing payment subscription to include the new total payment amount as well as adds the “subscription” custom capability to their existing account, thereby giving them access to the additional content through the content dripping.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #16952
Anita Sig

Thank you Raam

I am still digesting your reply :-) but yes, this will work. Thank you so much for your outstanding help.

Regards,
Anita

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 10:33 am #17018
Anita Sig

I am thrilled.

This is much easier than I ever thought it would be. I love the flexibility of the s2member system and I am in awe of your superb customer service.

Before I officially launch my new custom capabilities, can you verify that I have done this correctly for existing members?

To add a custom capability subscription (successbites) to an existing member without affecting their level, I used the subscriber modification button and deleted the modify=”*” level=”*” like this:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button ccaps="successbites" desc="Success Bites Monthly Video Training" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="anitasig.com" ta="0" tp="1" tt="M" ra="28" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

My best,
Anita

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:42 am #17075

Anita, I suggest that you take a look a this and read the documentation for it: [hilite path]WP Admin -› s2Member -› PayPal Buttons -› Capability[/hilite]

I am thrilled.

This is much easier than I ever thought it would be. I love the flexibility of the s2member system and I am in awe of your superb customer service.

Thank you for the kudos! That’s very nice. We really appreciate it. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.