latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Donate Amount

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Donate Amount

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:02 am #23788
Courtney
Username: hike4ever

Hello everyone, I’m trying to set up this page, http://thehalffund.org/donate/ to accept any donation amount and then they create all their user information/billing etc just like it’s setup but I can’t figure out how to create the text box for an amount. Any help on this would be great as I have done a bunch of searches and went through the documentation and I cannot figure out how to do this. I do not want to force registration first, I want to do it all at once.

Thanks for any and all help

Courtney

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:48 am #23789
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Courtney,

So if I understood correctly, you want to register the user with a pro-form, and make him pay any amount he wishes, correct?

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 11:21 am #23791
Courtney

Yes, that is correct.

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 1:11 pm #23794
Eduan

In that case, you would need a hack that would check the amount the user inputted and change the shortcode depending on that, I can easily do this, it’s a very simple hack, in fact if you want I can post it here.

The problem is, you would only be able to do this with a PayPal button, unless you do this with JavaScript, which would be pretty hard, since you will probably need to modify s2Member itself, even if a little.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 2:26 pm #23801
Courtney

I figured I needed to something to get this to work the way I want. I have come across some bits and pieces of things but nothing I’ve tried worked. I would be greatly appreciated if you could post something on this. I really am under the gun with this project.

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 4:51 pm #23804
Eduan

Hello Courtney,

So here is the hack I mentioned:
http://eduantech.com/code-snippets/donation-button-that-gives-access

I repeat, this only works for PayPal buttons, can be modified to work with other payment gateways.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:15 am #32564

I followed these directions exactly and the button just redirected to the home page…

any ideas… i really need this feature to work…

(i have a pro account just cannot login into it atm)

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 10:01 am #32592
Eduan

Hello there,

Could you please post the hack that you are using? So that I may make sure that it’s correct? Thanks. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:35 am #52740
david
Username: solar

Hi Eduan,
I’m interested in waht you posted months ago. Is the hack still available? It would help me a lot.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #52781
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.