latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Login Welcome Page

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Login Welcome Page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #30174

Hi All,
I am in process of setting up S2Member on my site. I am using PayPal pro forms.

I have built a custom Login Welcome Page and I am already using PHP conditionals to display the appropriate information. The page displays links to custom capability memberships they have paid for. That works great.

I am selling access to some external sites and I control their access by creating their login information on that site. I have master account privileges so I can create multiple users under my login. I need to be able to be notified of Payment and create their login details before they can see their access on the Login Welcome Page.

My question is I’m not sure what conditional to use that I could set on the WordPress user page possibly that I could check for on the Login Welcome Page. I don’t want them to see their access for that particular link until I’ve completed my step.

I saw there was an administrative notes section in the user page. I’m thinking if I could test for null? I could populate a string to signify I’ve completed my steps. The PHP could test this? I don’t know if this is accessible though. Or could I place a value in the custom value field and test that?

I’m only using custom capabilities so I don’t care about upgrade / downgrade. Could I use the custom capabilities field and add a field? Then I could test for that? If the user subscribed to something else it would be overwritten, I would be notified of a payment, and start the process over right?

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
So I added a field in Custom Value box and Custom Capabilities of the user and tested both

It seems to work. So after I register the user to the external site I come back and put in “elr” into the custom value box and then when they go to the Login Welcome Page it will show their link.

So this is theoretical as I am still in development and have not processed a payment yet. Don’t know if it will populate the custom value box with anything yet.

Thanks.
Mike

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Mike Whitney.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #30210
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

The Custom Value field will get overwritten upon payment. It gets overwritten by whatever is in the custom=”” attribute of your shortcode.

You have the right idea though. You could instead create a Custom Registration Field (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields) that is hidden from the user (i.e., only you can see it), and then use that to store your “elr”. Then, your conditional on the Login Welcome Page can check that Custom Field: see S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIELDS in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants).

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 6:06 pm #30219

Even though I don’t care about Custom Value Field yet I may in the future.

So I went ahead and created a custom field. Tests great in PHP.

It shows in the registration form though. At least on the test one from the ADMIN.
What I cared about was the ability to change in WordPress Admin –> Users which I can now.

Thanks.
Mike

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:21 pm #30267
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

When you create the Custom Registration field in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields, you can set the “Allow Profile Edits” option to No ( uneditable & totally invisible, both during & after registration ) and it won’t show up during registration or on any front-end profile editing pages.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.