latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Registration Field… Gone….

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Registration Field… Gone….

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 4:26 am #49924
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

For some reason, the ability to add a custom registration field is now gone..
I dont know after which update this ability disapeared.
See image:

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 2:50 am #50056
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

It looks to me like s2Member’s JavaScript and CSS are not loading on the admin panel. Are you running your site in Maintenance Mode with a index.html file? If so, you need to remove that.

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 5:47 am #50065
Ronnie

Hi Bruce.

No, our site is not running in maintenance mode, and were not using any html indexes.

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 5:05 am #50119
Bruce
Staff Member

No, our site is not running in maintenance mode, and were not using any html indexes.

Got it. Well the problem here is definitely that s2Member cannot load its external files for some reason. Do you mind if we take a look? You can send us a Dashboard login here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 7:39 am #50161
Ronnie

@ Bruce and the other Devs.

Please take a look at this as soon as you can. Everything is failing.. I cant make proform shortcodes, our buy now pages are screwed etc…

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:31 pm #50181
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ronnie,

Could you please try these common trouble shooting tips:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:34 pm #50182
Ronnie

Hi Eduan. Yes, im aware of the troubleshooting tips, but since were running a live site for streaming, we simply cant disable plugins etc.. Our installations and all plugins are UTD and so forth.

The only thing I can image, is that SOMEHOW our theme doesnt let the js load….
Even our buy now pages are not displayed according to our shortcodes etc.. I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting.

Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 12:30 pm #50228
Ronnie

Not wasting time, waiting for s2member, ive spent my time, and money trying to get a step closer to figure this out.

When in the s2member plugin, trying to create e.g. a paypal button, we see this in google console:

Resource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.DOMAIN.dk/". admin.php:30
GET http://www.DOMAIN.dk/wp-content/themes/videoplus/thumb/thumb-style.css 404 (Not Found) admin.php:35
Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.DOMAIN.dk/". admin.php:35
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < 

If we then try and click Generate Button Code, we get this error added to the console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: ws_plugin__s2member_paypalButtonGenerate is not defined admin.php:720

After confirming that our apache installation is compatible, not running mod_security, and not conflicting with suhosin, we had to move onto the theme. Everything in our theme, by the eyes of the developer, looks OK, and should NOT conflict in any way with s2member not being able to load its js (script).
We took it a notch further and paid for professional help today. He inserted handle code, troubleshooted php, and after some time narrowed it down to the plugin itself.
This is the result:

When a script is added to wordpress by a plugin, the wp_enqueue_script function is called with a bunch of information.
Two pieces are the “handle”, which I guess is just a short descriptor of what the script is,
the second piece is the script file, which in this case is blank (this is my theory so far).
By adding the handle attribute, we know which call to wp_enqueue_script is bad.
Do now we can search for that call to find out why it’s bad.
This’ll be in the source for the site, in the s2member plugin folder most likely.
I found it in s2member/includes/classes/menu-pages.inc.php, s2member-menu-pages.
The wp_enqueue_style is probably what’s causing the similar notice for css, and the s2member-menu-pages under
wp_enqueue_script is probably what is causing the script error.
(s/notice/warning)
Anyway, the second parameter is bad somehow, check the results of the function call being passed in.
Figure out why it’s bad. I don’t know enough about wordpress to be helpful here.
Figure out what part of that is breaking.

You have login credentials sent to your private support inbox, and i do, and I cannot stress this loud enough, I DO expect you guys to take a close look into this soon! Ive had this error through 2 updates now!

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 5:17 am #50277
Bruce
Staff Member

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

I took a look at your site and s2Member is not just failing to deliver its JS/CSS there is no call to the scripts at all. I’m noticing that you have many plugins installed and I’m afraid I can’t really diagnose the issue while all of these are installed. I’m going to have to suggest that you put your site into Maintenance Mode with one of the plugins in the WordPress plugins repository and try deactivating all of your plugins besides that Maintenance Mode plugin and s2Member and find the culprit here.

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 9:29 am #50289
Ronnie

Update:

I replicated our site to a clean wp install.
Keeping all plugins and so on, but I changed the theme back to ten, and s2member works. Our current #!”#!! theme is is causing this.

As you can see, were having a hard time troubleshooting this. I will contact the theme developer about this.
Are s2member dev staff available for hire if needed?

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:52 am #50329
Bruce
Staff Member

Are s2member dev staff available for hire if needed?

We do not do for-hire inquiries here. We recommend http://odesk.com/, http://elance.com/, or http://jobs.wordpress.net/ if you need a private contractor to check for third-party issues like this.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:54 am #50330
Bruce
Staff Member

I think your theme’s developer should be able to point out the problem here. If worse comes to worse I can provide you with a hack for your files on a temporary basis if you absolutely need it to get by.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.