latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Pro and BackupBuddy / free vs. registration

Home Forums Community Forum s2Pro and BackupBuddy / free vs. registration

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:22 pm #17808
GDS
Username: artistinckc

Since upgrading to the latest version so s2Member the Custom Registration/Profile Fields section seems to be missing. I have previously set up the profile fields but need to make some final edits to them in order to get the site live. I am using it with buddypress, and you have to be a member to access any part of the site. I did have s2member Pro installed initially but it was creating a conflict with my back up plugin so I deactivated it, and am just using the free version. Is this why I can’t get in to the Custom Registration section?

I am using s2Member in 4 clients sites right now. 1 of them is still running the pro version of the plugin, and this one the Custom Registration section works just fine, but all of the s2Member free versions do not.

So, either I need to find a way to resolve the conflict between s2Member Pro and BackupBuddy.
Or, I need to be able create custom registration fileds using the free version.

I’d prefer the former.

Any ideas?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  GDS.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 2:26 am #17906

Hi Diane.

The custom profile fields are part of the s2Member Framework, not the Pro add-on. They should work.

Could you post a screenshot of what you have in your General Options page? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Thanks. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 12:08 pm #18024
GDS

I am starting to think that the conflict is with my theme…
Here’s a screenshot, It’s like all of the jquery is broken?…

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 7:25 am #18079

Thanks for the screenshot.

I see that you’re having a JavaScript problem. I’ve only seen this happen on the admin side when caused by the theme in use for the front side.

Could you please make a quick test changing the theme to the default one and checking your s2Member admin page again?

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 10:33 am #18089
GDS

Yeah, it’s the theme. Do you have any suggestions for fixing it? I am using this theme and this plug in on 4 sites, and all are too far along to want to start over.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:38 am #18144
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Diane,

We recommend contacting the theme developer for help fixing the theme. Otherwise, you may want to post a job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:43 pm #19375
GDS

Raam
Well the problem exists within s2Member and no where else, so to try and push off a little support on the Theme developer is kinda weak. I have used Dynamix several times with a ton of different plugins and s2Member is the only one to have conflicts. I have purchased s2Member many times and have referred it to clients many times, I am even an affiliate. So for you to say it’s not your problem and that I should hire someone outside to fix it is a little upsetting.

Specifically I have convinced 3 of my current clients to purchase your plug in that is now not working or being supported. Shall I just go out and find a new membership solution? Shall I start requesting refunds for all of my clients who have purchased s2member pro and now can’t use it?
Right now s2Member is dead in the water, and basically useless to me.

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:21 pm #19399
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Just wanted to add my thoughts to this:

Well the problem exists within s2Member and no where else

Actually, the problem lies within your theme, if you change your theme, and it works, then it means the problem is the theme. Besides, s2Member has been thoroughly tested and is compatible with any well coded theme that follows WordPress’ coding standards, and general coding standards of course.

I have used Dynamix several times with a ton of different plugins and s2Member is the only one to have conflicts.

See my comments above.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.