latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom Subscription & Recurring Billing

Home Forums Community Forum Custom Subscription & Recurring Billing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:31 pm #22165

I’ve taken a close look at the s2Member website and listened to Jason’s very informative videos – great job!

I have a web client who has custom subscription and recurring billing requirements, some of which might be handled through a membership plugin. Essentially, my client needs the following:

A way to allow members to sign-up for a subscription (6 months, 12 months, etc) which will let them add products to a “subscription shopping cart” of some sort, then have the system (using recurring billing) automatically bill for a specified number of products in the cart each month. Notification of the products billed would also be sent to the shipper(s) so the products could be packaged and shipped. The “subscription shopping cart” would need to be updated accordingly as products were billed and shipped. Ideally, fulfilled order information would be sent back to the e-commerce system as well.

I realize that some of these requirements might interface with whatever WordPress E-commerce plugin is used, but I’m thinking that this will have to be something that’s handled via a membership module. Does s2Member “out of the box” do what my client requires? If not, might your API help in this customization?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

David

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:41 am #22203
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

s2Member can handle recurring subscriptions and it is designed as a membership plugin. However, it’s not designed to be a “shopping cart”, so there are no features for adding items to a “shopping cart” and then checking out.

We do have features for selling items on a one-time basis (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons) and the Custom Capabilities feature extends the possibilites (it has also been used to recreate shopping cart features).

All of our source code is made available as well as hundreds of s2Member hooks and filters that allow for extending and modifying features.

I highly recommend installing the free version of the plugin and taking a look at the features available. The Pro version is an add-on to the free version and it adds additional features.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.