latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Custom URL Structure & Shopping cart

Home Forums Community Forum Custom URL Structure & Shopping cart

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 2:58 am #16124

We are looking to set up S2 member in a unique way and we want to make sure will work before we get too far into things.

We want to set up the following:

Our buy now buttons will be on dummydomain-A.com, which will then go to our shopping cart system and the buyer will check out/ pay us.

Then we want them to be re-directed to a different domain than where the buy now button was, dummydomain-B.com, where they will create their username and password and get paid level access to our membership site.

Will this break the S2 system because the new paid user would not be registering at the original/referring domain?

Or do we need to set up a custom URL string for s2 Member so the user is created with the proper credentials on the different domain?

Does this make sense?

Also, the shopping cart we are considering going with is Ultra Cart. I know that you don’t support setting up shopping carts other than the ones you have listed in the s2 settings but I was wondering if you have had any users that have used this shopping cart with S2member and if it works well.

We have a developer that can handle all the technical sides of things but if there is going to be a lot of issues or custom things that have to be done in order to make it work, then we will go with a different shopping cart.

Are there some generic resources that you can point me to that I can give to my developer so he can learn what he needs in order to get the shopping cart set up?

Once we understand exactly what we need to do to get the shopping cart set up along with S2 and the unique URL structure, we will be purchasing the plugin because it is definitely the best out there…. we have researched a lot and you guys built a great product that can work with very small membership sites (like what we have running with the free version) all the way to very custom solutions (like what we are trying to build now that our user/ product base has grown)…. good job! And looking forward to some of the new additions that were mentioned in the custom capabilities videos.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:18 am #16203
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the KUDOS. I’m glad you’re enjoying the s2Member plugin! :)

Regarding your question about using PayPal buttons on a different site than where s2Member is installed: Yes, this can be done. However, you won’t be able to use the s2Member Pro-Forms on a domain different from where s2Member is installed; only PayPal buttons will work in this scenario.

You’d simply generate a PayPal button on PayPal.com and configure the button to send the IPN notification to the correct s2Member notification URL. Then, you can take that PayPal button and use it anywhere you like.

Please see this thread for instructions on configuring PayPal-created buttons for use with s2Member.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.