latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer can't buy a post and a membership

Home Forums Community Forum Customer can't buy a post and a membership

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 3:03 pm #9676
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

We use CCBill. We have some posts that can be purchased standalone using s2Member, and we have recurring monthly memberships. Here’s the problem:

When a member buys a post, and then tries to buy a membership, CCBill rejects it with the following message: “You currently have a subscription and are unable to signup.”

I believe this is because s2Member doesn’t allow you to use CCBill’s subaccounts (0000, 0001, etc.). Posts/Pages should be sold under one subaccount and memberships under another, but there is no where I can find to set this up. Therefore CCBill sees this as a duplication and blocks it. (Again, this is my guess…you may find another reason for it).

This really sucks because in our case, the post may be what triggers the customer to want the membership, and they are unable to make the purchase.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:27 am #9750

Hi Lee.

When you say post, do you mean a Specific Post restriction or a post you protected with a Custom Capability?

Could you please post the log entries related to the transactions with that problem, please? x’ing out any private info (e.g. email address, last names. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:48 am #9848
Lee Keels

A specific post restriction. We don’t use capabilities.

Here are the log entries. The first is a successful purchase of a magazine (the download link is in the purchased post). The second is a few minutes later when he tried to purchase a membership and was rejected because “You currently have a subscription and are unable to signup.”

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.3.1 :: s2Member® v120309 :: s2Member® Pro v120309
Memory 55.18 MB :: Real Memory 55.50 MB :: Peak Memory 55.28 MB :: Real Peak Memory 55.50 MB
www.xxxxxx.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1
User-Agent: 
array (
  'customer_fname' => 'kenji',
  'customer_lname' => 'XXXXXX',
  'email' => 'XXXXXX',
  'username' => '',
  'password' => '',
  'productDesc' => '',
  'price' => '3 日間に $29.95 で',
  'subscription_id' => '0112090501000029360',
  'denialId' => '',
  'clientAccnum' => 'xxxxxx',
  'clientSubacc' => '0000',
  'address1' => 'chiba',
  'city' => 'chiba',
  'state' => 'XX',
  'country' => 'JP',
  'phone_number' => '',
  'zipcode' => '2640026',
  'start_date' => '2012-03-30 16:32:05',
  'referer' => '',
  'ccbill_referer' => '',
  'affiliate' => '',
  'reservationId' => '',
  'referringUrl' => 'http://www.xxxxxx.com/bg-boutique/',
  'reasonForDecline' => '',
  'reasonForDeclineCode' => '',
  'formName' => '3cc',
  'cardType' => 'JCB',
  'responseDigest' => 'bc030d3cfed4d3cea56aef7c3df30a9f',
  's2_desc' => 'Godfre Magazine #1',
  's2_referencing' => '4238',
  's2_customer_ip' => '61.215.105.XXX',
  's2_invoice' => 'sp:3081:72',
  's2_custom' => 'www.xxxxxx.com',
  'typeId' => '0',
  'initialPrice' => '29.95',
  'initialPeriod' => '3',
  'recurringPrice' => '0',
  'recurringPeriod' => '0',
  'rebills' => '0',
  'initialFormattedPrice' => '$29.95',
  'recurringFormattedPrice' => '$0.00',
  'ip_address' => '61.215.105.XXX',
  's2member_log' => 
  array (
    0 => 'IPN received on: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32:09 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with ccBill®.',
    2 => 'ccBill® transaction identified as ( `NON-RECURRING/BUY-NOW` ).',
    3 => 'IPN reformulated. Piping through s2Member\'s core/standard PayPal® processor as `txn_type` ( `web_accept` ).',
    4 => 'Please check PayPal® IPN logs for further processing details.',
  ),
)

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.3.1 :: s2Member® v120309 :: s2Member® Pro v120309
Memory 54.78 MB :: Real Memory 55.00 MB :: Peak Memory 54.87 MB :: Real Peak Memory 55.00 MB
www.xxxxxx.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=0
User-Agent: 
array (
  'customer_fname' => 'kenji',
  'customer_lname' => 'XXXXXX',
  'email' => 'XXXXXX',
  'username' => '',
  'password' => '',
  'productDesc' => '',
  'price' => '30 日間に $29.95 で ** $29.95 が 30 日ごとに発生します。 days **',
  'subscription_id' => '',
  'denialId' => '',
  'clientAccnum' => 'xxxxxx',
  'clientSubacc' => '0000',
  'address1' => 'chiba',
  'city' => 'chiba',
  'state' => 'XX',
  'country' => 'JP',
  'phone_number' => '',
  'zipcode' => '2640026',
  'start_date' => '2012-03-30 16:49:16',
  'referer' => '',
  'ccbill_referer' => '',
  'affiliate' => '',
  'reservationId' => '',
  'referringUrl' => 'http://www.xxxxxx.com/inner-sanctum-signup/',
  'reasonForDecline' => 'You currently have a subscription and are unable to signup',
  'reasonForDeclineCode' => '12',
  'formName' => '3cc',
  'cardType' => 'JCB',
  'responseDigest' => '78b40db5f2bb00b93bc7be27a329b614',
  'typeId' => '0',
  'initialPrice' => '29.95',
  'initialPeriod' => '30',
  'recurringPrice' => '29.95',
  'recurringPeriod' => '30',
  'rebills' => '99',
  'initialFormattedPrice' => '$29.95',
  'recurringFormattedPrice' => '$29.95',
  's2_desc' => 'Inner Sanctum Monthly - $29.95 USD Recurring',
  's2_referencing' => '4238',
  's2_customer_ip' => '61.215.105.XXX',
  's2_invoice' => '1',
  's2_custom' => 'www.xxxxxx.com',
  's2_p1' => '1 M',
  's2_p3' => '1 M',
  'ip_address' => '61.215.105.XXX',
  's2member_log' => 
  array (
    0 => 'IPN received on: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:49:15 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with ccBill®.',
    2 => 'Ignoring this IPN request. The transaction does NOT require any action on the part of s2Member.',
  ),
)
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:44 am #9862

I see both entries are of different subscriptions for Specific Page access. I know that s2Member doesn’t handle more than one subscription at a time, so the problem is probably there, as the reason for decline says. I understand you’re using the subscription instead of the buy-now because of the trial/initial period.

I’ll ask Jason for more informatino on how subscriptions behave with Specific Page restrictions.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 12:06 pm #9878
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

@Lee Keels
Can you please verify that your ccBill account is configured NOT to handle Usernames/Passwords and/or User Mangaement? It sounds to me like your ccBill account is attempting to handle account access, and this might be the underlying reason for this error message during a second attempt to purchase something new.

User Management
*Important* User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -> User Management. Turn this off, and choose: Do NOT collect Usernames/Passwords. You will also want to remove Username/Password references in the APPROVAL Email Receipt configured in your ccBill® account. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -> Custom Emails.
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:06 pm #9991
Lee Keels

Absolutely confirmed. We do not use ANY CCBill member services. Everything is handled by WordPress/s2Member.

I am unable to find a setting for “do not collect usernames/passwords”…user management does show OFF.

UPDATE: Found the setting and it is turned off as well.

NOTE: Cristian’s response that both purchase attempts were for page access isn’t correct unless something is wrong. One was for a specific page/post (successful), the other was for a site membership/subscription (not successful).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Lee Keels.
Posted: Saturday Apr 7th, 2012 at 1:45 am #10269
Lee Keels

Any news on this?

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #10403
Staff Member

Taking another look at this right now.
~ One moment please.

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 8:17 pm #10411
Staff Member

NOTE: Cristian’s response that both purchase attempts were for page access isn’t correct unless something is wrong. One was for a specific page/post (successful), the other was for a site membership/subscription (not successful).

Gotchya. Thanks.
The first one was for Specific Post/Page Access,
then a recurring Subscription failed after that, due to an error produced by ccBill, regarding an existing customer.

Absolutely confirmed. We do not use ANY CCBill member services. Everything is handled by WordPress/s2Member.
I am unable to find a setting for “do not collect usernames/passwords”…user management does show OFF.
UPDATE: Found the setting and it is turned off as well.

OK. Great. Thank you. May I assume that you’ve run your tests again after making these changes?
Problem still exists after those changes were made?

I think you’re right. I think this is a limitation is way ccBill looks at transactions. It sees everything as a Subscription, regardless of what is actually being purchased, and/or how it’s being billed. If you setup a second sub-account, you can probably work around this. However, the current release of s2Member Pro is not compatible with multiple sub-accounts. I’ve just added support for this into the Shortcode processor for s2Member, and I’m attaching that to this email for you. Hopefully this will help you out.

Please unzip and upload the attached patch file, allowing it to override your existing copy of:
/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/ccbill/ccbill/ccbill-button-in.inc.php

Download patch file: http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/ccbill-button-in.inc_.php_.zip

Once this patch file is in place, you’ll have the ability to add these new Shortcode attributes to your ccBill Payment Buttons generated by s2Member. Two new Shortcode attributes become possible. These include: sub_account="" and form="" (both optional).

So for instance, if you have an additional sub-account that you’d like to integrate with s2Member, you can modify your ccBill Button Shortcodes, and force s2Member to use a particular sub-account and a particular Dynamic Pricing Form associated specifically with that sub-account. Example below.

[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button level="1" .... sub_account="0001" form="3445cc" /]

This Shortcode is abbreviated for clarity in this regard.
Only to show these two new attributes that become possible.

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 10:33 pm #10415
Lee Keels

No changes were made to test. All settings were as you wanted them to be already.

We already have the sub-accounts, but haven’t been able to use them until now. I will work on implementing this immediately and let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

Posted: Monday Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #10419
Lee Keels

Okay, this didn’t work. I have updated the shortcode on the non-membership items to point to subaccount 0001, BUT when you click on the Buy button, you can see the following in the generated URL:

&clientSubacc=0000&

So the setting on the CCBill Account Details page in s2Member is overriding the shortcode and forcing it back to 0000.

Update: It doesn’t have any effect on the form number either. Whatever is set on the CCBill Account Details page in s2Member takes precedence. I tried blanking them out, but the Sub Account field stays at 0000 no matter what.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:50 am #10547
Lee Keels

Thoughts on my response?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #10572
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Lee,

I will send Jason a message to let him know about your replies. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 1:32 am #10710
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

@Lee Keels

I believe this issue was addressed in a subsequent patch file which
corrected references to $a, converting them into $attr references.

Please unzip and upload the attached patch file, allowing it to override your existing copy of:
/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/ccbill/ccbill-button-in.inc.php

Patch (2nd attempt) / download link:
http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/ccbill-button-in.inc_.php_1.zip

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 7:47 am #10720
Lee Keels

Jason,

You’ve completely lost me here. You’ve sent me exactly one patch to try. It didn’t work for the reasons I stated above. I have no idea what you mean about a “subsequent” patch. Subsequent to what? You can see the entire thread above where I received one file until this one.

I’m going to assume you want me to replace the first patch with this one. I’ll give it a shot.

Lee

Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:05 pm #10750
Staff Member

Hi Lee. Thanks for the follow-up.

Sorry if I added unnecessary confusion to this thread. On our end, we’re dealing with many patches/changes/improvements, but on your end, you’ve been dealing with this one specific patch file, and now the second one I posted is available as well.

Yes, you are correct. Please try the second patch file that I posted in this thread. That should resolve the issue for you. If you continue to have problems with this aspect of ccBill integration, please feel free to follow-up here. I’ll be happy to take another look for you.

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 7:18 pm #11647
Lee Keels

Hi Jason,

I apologize for taking so long to respond. We had a few other matters crop up unrelated to s2Member.

I’ve just tested the 2nd patch, and we do now see the proper sub-account in the URL formed. However, when you click on the button, you get a blank white page with “Invalid Digest” in the upper left corner. I’ve checked CCBill’s documentation and haven’t found anything about this error.

I’ve also contacted CCBill to see if they know what “Invalid Digest” might mean from their end.

Lee

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 2:10 am #11656
Lee Keels

Good news. CCBill resolved the “Invalid Digest” problem. This appears to be working now. I’ll have to wait and see if the error crops up again, but I’m hopeful :)

Thank you for your help. Will this be incorporated in the next version or will I need to replace the file again?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 3:04 am #11659

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

I’m sure that Jason will incorporate it to the new release, he usually does with this kind of fixes.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.