latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer Log in

Home Forums Community Forum Customer Log in

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 11:20 pm #20953

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 8:15 am #21002

Hi Kenneth.

My problem is if I click on profile and go to that page there is no link in the profile to take me back to my login page.

You’d need to add a link to the Login Welcome page in your navigation.

Also I have a “Dashbord on the profile page called: http://legal-forms-kit.com/members/wp-admin/index.php and I cannot find anywhere to edit this page. What is this Page.

That’s WordPress’ dashboard, it’s not something s2Member adds. s2Member allows some control over the profile page, please read the documentation here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:10 pm #21640

Sorry for asking – i am having the same problem – what link do i place where?

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 6:02 am #21689

Hi Jason.

You can edit your menus from here: [hilite path]WP Admin -> Appearance -> Menus[/hilite].

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 10:32 am #21718

Aside – if it helps anyone – actually i did have an issue with menus, but it was because although i built a menu in the wp->appearance->menus, i didnt specify it in the upper left area where the theme main navigation can be selected from any one of the menus you build

Solution for me was to just create actual links in the upper right of my website:

<a href="http://xyz.com/register/">Register</a>  <a href="http://xyz.com/wp-login.php">Login</a>
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Jason eH.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Jason eH.
Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:30 pm #21797
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the info, Jason.

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #21846

I like the widget for login in pro forms – if logging in you don’t get the wp-admin window, your logged in and skip that window – nice.

you can specify the register page as a url in the widget, as well as the login welcome page, logout redirection page – i like that it avoids the wp-admin login screen

except for following three incidences:
if password is wring – then wp-admin page

and forgot my password – wp-admin page

aside if admin – then wordpress back end….

for admin i understand why it does that i think, can you change that?

the other two – wrong or forgotten credentials – is there a way to keep that in the login in widget or create a page like the profile edit page ?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 7:28 am #21956
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jason,

s2Member is not designed to restrict WordPress Admins, so if an Admin logs in, they will be sent to the WordPress backend. If you want to change that, you’ll need to make your own customizations for that.

Also, the Forgot Your Password and Wrong Password functions are both part of the WordPress core, not s2Member. The s2Member Pro Login Widget simply provides an easy way to offer a login form on the sidebar of your site.

If you want to change the Forgot Your Password page or add Dynamic JavaScript Password Checking to the Pro Login Widget, you’ll need to add that functionality.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.