latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer not getting email for registering

Home Forums Community Forum Customer not getting email for registering

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 5:16 pm #21138

how do I make this link brother ?

I am having major issues 450 people not getting email and I am still in the middle of a luanch.

——————————
What URL is JVZoo sending you to after checkout?

Well, when the person comes back to the s2Member return URL, a cookie is set so he’ll be allowed to register even if registrations are closed, and will give the new account the access he paid for. Not sure if that happens with the JVZoo integration, do you use the return URL? Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT/Auto-Return Integration

Another thing you can do is, if you confirmed the person paid successfully, is show him a free registration pro-form It’s called like that because it doesn’t require a payment, but you’d check for this requisite before showing it it. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms

Another thing you can do, if you confirmed the person paid, is redirect him to the normal WP registration page, but using a special link that will let him register even if registrations are closed, and give him the access he paid for. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/registrations/c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access/#src_doc_register_link_gen%28%29

That link would be the same kind that he gets by email, or the one you can generate from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links.

If you do it that way, though, you’d need to make sure that the email he gets by email can not then be used by someone else that he shares it with, since you basically let him register some other way. Or you may choose to remove that registration link from the email altogether and only let him register when coming back from payment, or contacting you if there’s any problem with that.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:44 pm #21297
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Michael,

If you need to programmatically create a registration link, you’ll need to use the register_link_gen() function. Making this custom integration will require knowledge of PHP programming. If you’re not comfortable with PHP, we recommend posting your job on jobs.wordpress.net. We’re unable to assist with custom integrations as per our support policy.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 10:52 am #21378

All I need is the string .. why can’t you guys just give me the string ?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:09 am #21480

how do I make this link brother ?

Here’s an example: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2819#p8343

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:18 pm #21539

Not really, I am just looking to see what acutally link string so i can replace the variable … does anyone have this ?

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 4:47 am #21606

What do you mean by “link string”? The registration URL?

And what variable are you referring to?

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #21649

The complete link that tells wordpress to allow registering …

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 6:36 am #21692
Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 12:24 am #21746

Yes, but what is the decoded version .. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 7:01 am #21760

There isn’t an unencoded version. To change a var, like the level the user gets, you do it when generating the URL. E.g.

[hilite pre_code]
$link = c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access::register_link_gen("none", "-", $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"], $register_level, false);
[/hilite]

http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/registrations/c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access/#src_doc_register_link_gen%28%29

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 10:05 am #21774

So I can just create a full link for registering someone, without using the generator in the admin ?

I am trying to do this to cut down on support issues.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 7:45 pm #21925

Right, these links can be generated with PHP without you having to do it manually each time. Here’s an example: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2819#p8343

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.