latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer not receiving confirmation email

Home Forums Community Forum Customer not receiving confirmation email

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:33 am #35070
Desmond Leong
Username: comfy

Hi,

I am experiencing problems when a customer has purchased a membership, he received the confirmation email from paypal, but not the email from me informing him of the login details and password.

What I did is I generated a paypal button and changed the output to “URL”, so I could use this link on my other landing pages for sales. The link can be found on this page : http://www.everestfortune.com/exclusive-one-time-offer/
it is at the bottom, you can try to sign up first as I made it $0 and recurring billing is 7 days later, which you can cancell too anyway.

The sign up process goes well, but the confirmation email never comes. My installation of s2member is not on this website, instead it is on a separate website. My paypal buttons are encrypted, not in sandbox mode, and all the details for paypal have been double checked and everything is correct. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:32 pm #35079
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

It could very well be an MTA or MUA issue on your server. Im actually pretty sure it is, since s2member does not include a custom mail transport agent, but uses the default of your mail user agent.

You probably need to check your servers or wordpress/php send mail settings.

Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:11 am #35121
Desmond Leong
Username: comfy

Okay I’ve tried everything and it is not working, SMTP plugin and all. Think I’ll just give up, spent too long trying to get this to work, sigh.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:52 am #35222

Desmond, do you have the log entries for your test transaction with the link you have there? I’d like to see if they mention the signup confirmation email having been sent.

If you’re using the button in another site, then you should use a button created over at PayPal following this article: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

That will work fine for new signups, but not for upgrades of existing members, since the button would be missing the user ID being referenced, as would be the case if you used the shortcode in the installation where s2Member is.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.