latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customer portal question

Home Forums Community Forum Customer portal question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 12:07 am #31660
rpvp
Username: rpvp

I’ve seen the video on creating private customer portals and looks easy enough. My question is, can that be done selectively? In other words, our entire site is free, but only some people will have private areas. Upon first joining, they’re in a regular common area. But after x amount of time, I want to make a special private area for them? Can that be done?

Also, is a robots.txt needed to keep bots out of the private area pages? Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:03 pm #31712
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

You can certainly use some of the s2Member conditionals (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals) to check things like how long a member has been registered and then redirect only those people to their own private area.

Also, a robots.txt is not required to prevent search engines from finding private areas: When a robot crawls your site, s2Member will see that they don’t have access to the page and will deny access the same as it would if a non-member was trying to access that content.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.