latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customers not received email confirmation

Home Forums Community Forum Customers not received email confirmation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 4:16 pm #46727
Joey
Username: brandsprout

Like several other users, I had subscription memberships set up with PayPal working fine. Since I launched earlier this week, no one is getting welcome emails from S2Member. Only the PayPal generated confirmations are being delivered.

After completing the PayPal transaction (which includes a free trial period), customers are redirected to the gray page telling them to check their email, but the email never comes.

S2Member is not registering the fact that there is a new subscriber, and nothing is being passed through to MailChimp.

I upgraded to the paid version of S2Member so I could do everything on my site and not worry about the redirects, but it looks like I need to have a paid PayPal account (not just a business account) that costs $30/month, which is not in my budget.

My site is live so I do not have logging setup. I’m not super technical, how do I fix this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am #46902

We’ll need to see the log files to help us find the source of the problem. The email is probably not being sent because something’s wrong before it gets to that point.

You can enable logging to debug, even if the site’s live, just remember to remove the logs and disable logging after you’re done using them. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Once you have log entries for transactions that had that problem, you can submit your site’s info so we review the logs. Please let us know when you sent it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:34 am #46904

I upgraded to the paid version of S2Member so I could do everything on my site and not worry about the redirects, but it looks like I need to have a paid PayPal account (not just a business account) that costs $30/month, which is not in my budget.

Yeah, to receive payments on your site, it can only be done with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net.

You can use the PayPal pro-forms without PayPal Pro, because it integrates with Paypal Express Checkout, which is free like PayPal Standard. But it Express Checkout happens over at PayPal, not your site.

And whatever problem you’re having now, may still need to be fixed for that anyway.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.