latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customers not receiving confirmation email

Home Forums Community Forum Customers not receiving confirmation email

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 2:43 pm #50387
Joey
Username: brandsprout

I had another thread but can’t post an update there because it was closed: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/customers-not-received-email-confirmation/

As requested by Christian, I uploaded my log files for review.

I am also getting error messages from Paypal, a “Instant Payment Notification Warning” that says:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing: http://howbizgrows.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

thanks in advance for your assistance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 11:40 am #50443
Joey

I posted this yesterday but now it’s not showing up on the Forum. I’ve had no response from my post or my email to support.

Please help me get this fixed. I’m having to refund money to customers because they never get their sign up email.

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 6:39 pm #50481

Hi Joellyn.

I’m sorry, the threads are closed automatically by the forum after a certain time without replies. I was waiting for you to tell me you had sent the site’s info so I didn’t notice the thread again. I’m sorry about that.

I searched for your email and found it. I see that you have logging disabled, so there isn’t much I can tell from the logs. Could you please enable logging and do a test transaction for 1 cent so it gets logged and we get some entries in the logs? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Please leave a reply here as soon as you did the above and I’ll take a new look at your site and the logs. Thanks!

Are other emails from WordPress being sent? Like when someone registers, is he getting the New User email with his password in it? If not, please try the tips here: Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems

These are also helpful: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 9:20 am #50553
Joey

Hi Cristian, thanks for the response. I actually turned on logging, ran a transaction, downloaded the logs then disabled logging. The transaction was a monthly membership subscription with a free trail period to start.

I’ll try again and let you know when the new logs are loaded.

Other WordPress emails are being delivered.

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 9:38 am #50554
Joey

OK, just posted new log files.

Thanks for your help,

Joey

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 10:22 pm #50596

Thank you very much. I received the email.

I see in your log:

0 => 'No Return-Data. Customer MUST wait for Email Confirmation.',

But there’s only that entry and no other logs. Sometimes PayPal may delay delivering this data, so s2Member must wait before emailing the user, but I’m guessing that in your case s2Member never gets this data and that’s why nothing else happens afterwards, including the Signup Confirmation Email.

I ran the server scanner and everything was okay. Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

I can’t see your PayPal settings, or know if the values you entered in s2Member are correct. Could you please verify that your credentials are all correct and that the PayPal/s2Member integration is complete?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration[/hilite]

If you create a button following these instructions and test it, do you get the Signup Confirmation Email? Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 7:14 am #50652
Joey

Yes, my configuration is correct (I just verified everything).

Paypal is sending error messages as noted above, “Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing: http://howbizgrows.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1”

They disabled IPN notification, and I have reactivated it.

I am using buttons created through S2 Member, not Paypal. Isn’t that the preferred methods to ensure compatibility? I will try generating through Paypal instead and see what happens.

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 1:37 pm #50660
Joey

I ran another test using buttons generated through Paypal according to the instructions you provided. The subscriber confirmation email never came through, and I got another message from Paypal:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://howbizgrows.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 10:41 pm #50687

Thank you for the update.

I see that the URL is working, since I loaded it, I got no errors and it was logged by s2Member in the IPN log.

I’ll ask Jason to take a look at this. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 11:39 pm #50692

By the way, I just realized that you haven’t told me yet if you tried the tests in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I see several plugins installed, many of them security related, one of them caching, that may in some way affect this functionality. Could you please test the plugins as explained in the article and let me know how it went? Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.