latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customised Template for Registration Form

Home Forums Community Forum Customised Template for Registration Form

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Tony Cannon 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 6:10 pm #27677

Looking for a little advice; I am using s2member with a buddypress installation and I have created my own registration form, for which I have saved in my theme. I have added the required ‘template’ shortcode to my form so that it should now default to my new template. Unfortunately this does not work? However if I save the new template to bp-default theme in the buddypress plugin folder, it finds it no problems.

How can I get s2member to look for the new template in my theme rather than the bp-default.

I’m reluctant to save template files into my bp-default as I would prefer to keep all in my theme folder.

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated!-)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:45 am #27698

Hi Tony.

I’m not sure how the custom template works with BuddyPress. I know that the custom template can be place in either the theme’s folder, or the wp-content one.

Jason Caldwell said:

Pro Form templates can appear in the following locations represented by WordPress PHP Constants.

TEMPLATEPATH
WP_CONTENT_DIR

If a template exists in both locations, the template inside WP_CONTENT_DIR will be used, as it has the highest precedence.

Example: /wp-content/themes/my-theme/paypal-checkout-form.php
Example: /wp-content/paypal-checkout-form.php

I’m not sure how BP affects those constants, but those are the ones s2Member users for the custom template.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 8:58 am #27708

Many thanks for you swift reply Cristián – your guidance is much appreciated!

I think I will create a new folder in WP_CONTENT_DIR to store all my adapted form templates. I wasn’t to too keen to keep them in the bp-default folder as these form part of the Buddypress plugin and could quite easily disappear with any future plugin updates I implement.

Thanks Again!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.