latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dashboard JavaScript Conflict

Home Forums Community Forum Dashboard JavaScript Conflict

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:56 am #7457
Eric Tucker
Username: redzane

I have seen solutions to this error on the old forum but nothing seems to work, including removing all plugins, other than s2member.

Using IE 9.

This error occurs only when I select s2member on the left side of the dashboard to bring up it’s options. If I select one of the options, everything is blank. For instance, if I select “Quick Start Guide”, it shows the title, but nothing under it with this error message to the right. Dashboard JavaScript Conflict.

I used Firefox and it works fine. However, firefox’s error console shows “installStatus is null” chrome://browser/content/browser.js Line 10240

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:34 pm #7472
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

I just tested the latest version of s2Member Pro (v120301) and WordPress (v3.3.1) running on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer v9.0.8 and I was unable to reproduce the problem you described.

Could you try clearing your browser cache? Also, you might want to try IE9 on another computer, as there may be some software installed locally that is casing issues with IE9.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:14 pm #7491
Eric Tucker

Thanks for looking into this Raam. I just tried using Windows 2003 with IE 7 installed (because I didn’t have any other environment to test easily) and it does the same thing.

However, this seemed to happen after I changed the MySQL user and password. I then edited the wp-config.php file and changed where the database is defined. Could this affect s2member outside of the wp-config file?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #7552
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

The wp-config.php file defines settings for all of WordPress and since s2Member is a WordPress plugin, incorrect settings (or invalid file permissions) would definitely affect s2Member as well.

Have you tried deactivating and reactivating the s2Member plugin? (You should make sure that Deactivation Safeguards are enabled first: WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Deactivation Safeguards.)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #7574
Eric Tucker

I went ahead and made sure my safeguards where there and I deactivated s2member but I am not sure what good that does because the problem only exists when s2member is activated and when I choose the s2member menu item on the left to see it’s options.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:52 pm #7597
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

I’ve only seen that problem caused by conflicting plugins and/or themes that contain conflicting JavaScript. It can also occur if the browser’s cache of the JavaScript files somehow becomes corrupt or if there’s a server-side cache that’s holding a corrupt copy of the page.

The things to try in that case would be clearing your browser cache, clearing any server-side cache you may be running with a plugin, disabling all plugins except s2Member, and switching to the default WordPress theme.

If none of those work, then I would suspect either malware on your local computer that’s causing issues with your browser or something strange going on with the plugin files themselves on your server or even a problem with the server configuration.

Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #7653
Eric Tucker

Thanks Raam. It isn’t a virus because I have tested it on two other servers now and two of my laptops. The servers were Windows 2003 and they are not on my network. Unlikely I would have the same virus on all of these. I don’t know how to “clear server-side cache”. I host it on a hostgator linux server. But, it was working until I made the MySql change to the username and password.

However, one constant you mentioned is the the theme. I didn’t know that we can de-activate a theme and can’t figure out how to do that to test without the theme. Also, this is the s2clean them that came with the purchase. I noticed it is discontinued now. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I “de-activate it”?

Thanks…

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #7746
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

A quick clarification: I wasn’t suggesting that you “deactivate” the theme; I was suggesting that you change your active theme to one of the defaults that comes with WordPress (e.g., TwentyEleven). However, if you’re using the s2Clean Theme, then it’s most likely not the theme that’s causing the problem.

A sever-side cache only exists if you’re running a caching plugin in WordPress (such as QuickCache or WP SuperCache). If you’re not running a caching plugin, you can ignore that suggestion.

It could be a problem with mod_security on your server. Could you please try the suggestion here related to adding SecFilterEngine Off and SecFilterScanPOST Off to an .htaccess file in the web root. : Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.