latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

data fields transmitted to chimpmail

Home Forums Community Forum data fields transmitted to chimpmail

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:25 am #32784

When I upload my user data to chimpmail, which was downloaded via s2member, must I include all fields that were downloaded? How do I know what fields get sent to chimpmail for a new member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:17 pm #32815
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Laurie,

When you import a CSV file into MailChimp, you will be asked to identify what columns contain the Email Address, First name, Last Name, etc. You can simply delete/ignore all the other fields that are not applicable to MailChimp.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #32825

I did that. But when a new “test” subscriber registered for my blog, the only info that got recorded in the list was the email and the first and last name. None of the other fields, like Username and Display name, got recorded.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:46 am #32884

When I upload my user data to chimpmail, which was downloaded via s2member

when a new “test” subscriber registered for my blog, the only info that got recorded in the list was the email and the first and last name.

Laurie, so are you having this problem when a user registers and gets added to MailChimp by s2Member based on the integration you configured in the List Server API, or are you talking about importing the users list to MailChimp using their interface?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #33627

Hm…I could swear I answered this question, but I don’t see my response on this thread. The problem I am having is when a user registers and gets added to MailChimp by s2Member based on the integration. The username and display name don’t get saved in my chimpmail list.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 1:04 am #33666

Got it.

Could you make sure you have logging enabled, and then register a new user so an entry is added to the MailChimp log? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite] (It’s under the PayPal options, but logging is general and applies to the MailChimp integration too.)

Post here the entry, x’ing out any private info, please. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.