latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

DATE for new improved payment gateway api

Home Forums Community Forum DATE for new improved payment gateway api

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:05 am #56354

Gents (and ladies, if there are any),

I’ve read the responses to date on this. I’m a PRO member, even though it may have been a mistake given that none of the payment solutions work for those of us in continental Europe (in my case, Barcelona, Spain).

The question is very serious. Do you have any idea WHEN you’re going to release the next release that includes gateway integration that will work for European business?

I understand completely that you’re reticent to give a single day, but if this isn’t going to exist before September I’m going to need to look for a different membership plugin (which is something I DO NOT want to do because I like absolutely everything else about s2member so far).

Please, please let me know as much as you can. You can send it to me privately if you want: joe [at] bcnmes.com and tell me honestly to look for another plugin if you think that’s the solution.

Thanks,
Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 9:26 am #56441
@bcnmes

No dates that I’m aware of. However, you can already integrate s2Member® with payment gateways of your choosing using the Pro Remote Operations API, or with the PayPal IPN Proxy. These are advanced solutions that might even require some custom code on your part to finalize, but just so you’re aware :-)

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration
~ Look under the “more information” section for details about the Proxy IPN Key.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 12:05 pm #56452

Yup. Thanks but I’m no coder and don’t have the time, the know-how nor the resource to take that on. That’s why I went for a plugin like yours.

I hope you get this new release out asap.

Thanks,
J

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:15 am #58788

none of the payment solutions work for those of us in continental Europe (in my case, Barcelona, Spain).

You seem to have PayPal Standard and Express Checkout available in Spain:
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/howto_product_matrix/
https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/express-checkout

Wouldn’t those work for you?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:40 am #58794

You’re right, Cristián. And for the moment we’re making do with paypal express. I should have been clearer and mentioned gateways that allow for direct onsite payment with credit cards. We’ll survive though.

Do you guys happen to know if Google Wallet are going for a global system or will it be different locally, like PayPal? For example, in Spain, Paypal has “pasarela integral” which is their version of payments pro, but is not, actually, the same thing. They do seem, however, equally tight about selling it to new clients, which is extremely frustrating.

And for anyone else reading this in Europe, don’t be discouraged re: gateways this plugin is fantastic. Seriously epic, well managed, well built and the support is quite good. And, if you are/have a programmer on staff you’ll be able to do most anything you want, I think.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 8:52 am #58797

Thank you very much for the kudos, Joe! It’s very appreciated. :)

I understand what you meant, now. Right, PayPal Pro and Auth.Net are not very global. First time I hear about Pasarela Integral…

No, I don’t know what Google plans to do with Wallet internationally. Have you email them? But that’s not an on-site payment solution anyway, it’s a button similar to PayPal Standard.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.