latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Default Role

Home Forums Community Forum Default Role

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #19079

Hello,

I am investigating S2 to solve a problem I have in WP Multisite with Roles for new users on subsites. Specifically new users are not added to subsites with a specific Role, other than the built-in Subscriber Role.

In this forum, http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/can-i-change-the-role-of-free-subscriber/ Raam notes:

s2Member only supports the WordPress Subscriber role.

All of the s2Member Levels have the Subscriber role capabilities. If you wish to change the s2Member Level role capabilities, you will need to use a 3rd party plugin such as the Role Editor plugin.

I need to know if the Subscriber role is assigned such that the user shows up as a Subscriber in wp-admin/users for the site that they sign up on.

Thanks,

~eric

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:10 am #19129
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

When a user subscribes via s2Member, s2Member will assign them one of the s2Member roles (Level 0 – 4). s2Member creates its own set of roles and the capabilities of those s2Member roles (aka Levels) are based on the capabilities offered by WordPress Subscriber role, however s2Member does not use the Subscriber role itself; it uses its own built-in roles.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.