latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

"Detected more than one s2Member R Pro Form"

Home Forums Community Forum "Detected more than one s2Member R Pro Form"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 9:30 pm #53101

A free customer received the following messages when trying to access some videos inside the Members’ Area:

“Detected more than one s2Member R Pro Form.

Please use only ONE s2Member® Pro Form Shortcode on each Post/Page. Attempting to serve more than one Pro Form on each Post/Page (even w/ DHTML) may result in unexpected/broken functionality.”

According to the customer, she watched the welcome video in the home page of the MA, and then tried to access another section of the MA (which is allowed for free customers – everyone gets Level 1 when they register, and I restrict access within via ccaps), and received the error message.

I’ve searched for this message in the forums, but there aren’t any results. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 6:12 am #53170
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m not sure why any of your customers would get this error for any other reason than you having multiple s2Member Pro Forms on a single page. It’s possible that the error occured due to the way you’re displaying content. If your theme is very JavaScript-heavy then perhaps this could’ve happened for that reason.

The reason you’re not finding any information on this error is because it was added just within the last few releases of s2Member, so it’s a new error.

Can you reproduce this error yourself?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:06 am #53183

Hi Bruce,

After I posted this, I did some more investigating and it appears when a user tries to access a page for which they don’t have the correct ccaps, it displays this error. I’m using OptimisePress.

My users can register at L1, with limited ccaps. They can see other pages at that level, but when they click on a page within a ‘module’ the page refreshes and returns this error in a dialog box. Obviously this is not ideal, but I don’t want to have to go to every page and use conditionals (unless there’s another way?)

Thanks,

Russ

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 5:06 pm #53196
Bruce
Staff Member

Obviously this is not ideal, but I don’t want to have to go to every page and use conditionals (unless there’s another way?)

Could you post some links to show me an example of when this happens? I’d like to understand why it’s happening before I provide you with a possible solution.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:30 pm #53201

The answer is clear now.

On my Membership options, I have two possible upgrades (which users get redirected to when they try and access an area for which they don’t have access rights), and there are two forms on that page: hence the message.

I’ll have to create two new pages, and separate these forms – one to each page – and link to it from the membership options page.

Apologies for wasting your time.

Russ

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:20 am #53234
Bruce
Staff Member

I’ll have to create two new pages, and separate these forms – one to each page – and link to it from the membership options page.

Okay cool. If the problem comes back after you’ve done that then let me know and I’ll take a look. :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.