latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Diff registration page 4 ea membership level?

Home Forums Community Forum Diff registration page 4 ea membership level?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:06 pm #16806
Mark A
Username: mark__a

Hello,

We are psyched to be setting up S2Member. We are trying to get our free installation up and running (and are open to the Pro version if it will help us the following) but we are having an issue with the registration forms. We are trying to set up three different registration forms, one for each different membership level (“Free”, “Member” and “Pro”).

However, we are not sure how to direct the users to each different form or specify which membership level is the one we want to register for. I feel like there is some really basic Query String addition that we are missing? The registration flow we are trying to set up is this:

Join Page:

• Free -> Email, first name, last name
  • Member -> Email, first name, last name, address (and then to PayPal)
  • Pro -> Email, first name, last name, address, website URL (and then to PayPal)

How do we properly direct the visitor to the proper registration form that shows the fields/questions for their specific membership level?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 7:36 am #16885
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

When visitors or members try to access content they’re not allowed to access, they are redirected to the Membership Options Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page). On that page, you can place links that point to three other pages, one for each of your levels (Free, Member, Pro); you’ll place the Pro-Forms on those pages.

Note: For advanced handling and automatic redirection, you may want to look into extracting the Membership Options Page Variables (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)) using some PHP; you can automatically redirect to a specific page based on which piece of content the user was trying to access.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 7:43 am #16886

Hi Mark.

You can achieve that with the s2Member Pro pro-forms.

When you create the custom profile fields, you can specify what Level they’d be shown to. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Add/Edit field -> Applicable Membership Levels[/hilite]

When the user paid first, then the s2Member knows to show the field or not in the default registration page. The problem is if you want them to register first, s2Member doesn’t know what the user will pay for, so it can’t show the fields for levels 1 or higher.

With the pro-form, since it combines registration with with the payment, s2Member knows what level the user will get, and show the appropriate profile field (URL, address).

You can have three pages, one for each of the pro-forms, and then link to them from the where you give the user the choices, like the Membership Options Page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:30 am #17813
Luca Calcinai
Username: Luke

Hi,

I’m not a PayPal Pro user, and I can’t use Pro Forms.

I have the same needs, can I solve the problem withouth PayPal Pro?

Luke

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 4:54 am #17837

Hi Luca.

You don’t need PayPal Pro to use the pro-forms. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.