latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Disabling Double Opt in mailChimp

Home Forums Community Forum Disabling Double Opt in mailChimp

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 12:22 pm #33019

In reference to this thread that has been closed: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-api-stopped-working/

So I am troubleshooting this issue. I did find a conflict between required fields on the MC subscribe form and the sites registration form. Those have been resolved. So basically I had fields 1 and field 2 required on the MC form and also required on the Registration form but the field id’s were different on each form causing a conflict.

QUESTION REGARDING DISABLING DOUBLE OPT IN

I can see from searching the forum that a hack can be used to disable the email subscription confirmation email from being sent.

I am running the latest verison of s2Member Pro. Does the latest version of s2Member Pro now have a ‘disable double opt-in’ setting in the dashboard that now makes the hack irrelevant?

I could SWEAR I remember seeing such a setting but cannot find it. The reason I ask is because it seems the MC email subscribe integration upon registration is working and the user is NOT receiving a confirmation email but IS being written to the list which is what I want but I really really need to know where that setting is as I believe I set it… sorry if my post in convoluted.

I just need to know ifthat setting exists and where can I find it
thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 5:12 pm #33051
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi,

Perhaps you’re thinking of Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Registration Double Opt-In Box?

I can confirm that s2Member Pro does not have an option in the dashboard for disabling double opt-in for MailChimp. You will still need to use the hack described here.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.