latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Discounts

Home Forums Community Forum Discounts

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:22 am #16456
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, I’m sure this has been asked before so please feel free to simply point me in the right direction.

My client wants to be able to offer members a range of % discount off members first payments only. What the best way to do this?

Have several different forms isn’t very practical as they want to be able to simple hand codes out for different percentages…

Cheers,

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #16533
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

Could you please elaborate? What do you mean by “a range of % discount”? Could you give an example of what this might look like?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:48 pm #17563
Epix Media

Hi Ramm, sorry for the late reply I’ve been away.

They want to be able to add lots of different coupon codes as you can currently, however they only want the discount specified to apply to the first payment in the cycle, not all of them.

For example coupon code “SAVE5” would give you 5% off your first year payment, but all further years in the cycle/subscription are charged at full price…

I have a meeting with them tomorrow, so if I can go with some kind of an answer that would be fab.

Thanks as always!!

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:33 am #17637
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

You can already achieve this with the Pro Coupon codes. Here’s what you would do:

When you create your Pro-Form, set the Initial/Trial amount to the same amount as your recurring subscription. For example, “I’ll offer 1 years @ $100/year”, then set your recurring amount to the same, “Then, I want to charge $100/Yearly Recurring”.

Then, in your Pro Coupons, you’ll create a coupon that discounts 5% from the Initial/Trial amount:

SAVE-5|5%||ta-only ( 10% off an Initial/Trial Amount; the ta="" attribute in your Shortcode 

When the subscription renews after 1 year, it will renew with the normal amount ($100 in the above example); the discount is only applied the first time, to the Initial/Trial amount.

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 4:40 am #17730
Epix Media

Awesome!!!! Thank you for the example!!!!!

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:08 am #17825
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re welcome. :) Glad to help!

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 4:56 am #17838
Epix Media

Hi Raam, I’m getting an error message on my form, so I looked it up and found this forum post http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16743&p=60492

Is this still the case? My clients going to be really unhappy about this, I’ve already told them its possible to set up the codes how they need them. Are there any other get arounds that can be kept hidden from the user?????

Zoe

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 5:19 am #17842

If you make the initial and regular amounts different, do you still get the error?

If so, then you may have a plugin or the theme messing with the shortcode parsing.

If the problem goes away, then the limitation remains, but you can solve it making them different by 1 cent.

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:51 am #17847
Epix Media

So there is no way of applying a discount to the first payment only without making the two values different?

This is a limitation of PayPal right? Are there any other Payment providers for S2Member that don’t have this restriction and allow full on-site payments (like PayPal Pro)?

I get the feeling my client will want a new payment provider in the future!

Zoe

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 7:46 am #17851

I don’t know if other gateways have this limitation, probably not.

But is it really a problem, if the amount is 10 dls, to charge 9.99 the initial term? The description can still say 10 dls if you want consistency, but I don’t think someone will complain about being charged 1 cent less.

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:21 am #17858
Epix Media

I agree, I’m just concerned my client won’t! We shall see!

Thanks for the replies :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:13 am #17915

Cool. Hopefully he will understand and won’t mind it. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.