latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Create/Display 'Member List' database w/s2m??

Home Forums Community Forum Create/Display 'Member List' database w/s2m??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 7:46 pm #21060
ben h
Username: wordsmith

Hello,
Before I purchase and install s2member, I would like to know if it will meet my needs. Here is would I would like to create:

In a nutshell, I am creating a website for a group of 500+ doctors that allows them to network with each other. Only doctors that pay their annual dues will be listed on the website. Further, because the doctors do not want to share certain private details with the public, only certain fields of their profile are made public.

In essence, here is what I need:

1. New user comes to our website and signs up by filling out all the fields required for registration (10 total), and by paying their annual dues by completing the payment process.

2. They now have access to the membership area, which includes a section that lists all other members and the respective contact information of each member (Member List area).

3. Now the member may log out. Although they are still able to view the Member List area, only certain fields are displayed (7 of 10).

4. After the member’s annual membership comes to an end, they get automatically billed again. If they do not pay, their membership privileges are revoked. This will also remove their name and contact information from our Member List area.

In conclusion, my questions are:

A. Does s2member provide the option to create a page that displays a Member List database? Such a database should include the 10 fields mentioned above, provide search capabilities, and display only limited profile info to the public (while full profile info to logged-in members.)

B. If yes to (A), is it capable to add an “automatic removal” feature whereby the member is removed from the Member List database if the member does not pay annual dues?

C. Does s2member allow for facebook connect, whereby the sign-up fields can be pre-populated with the member’s facebook details?

D. Does s2member work with the Genesis Framework for WP?

I’ve been searching for this and I REALLY hope s2member is my solution!!

Thanks in advance!

ben

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 9:32 am #21103
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ben,

Please see my replies below:

A. Does s2member provide the option to create a page that displays a Member List database? Such a database should include the 10 fields mentioned above, provide search capabilities, and display only limited profile info to the public (while full profile info to logged-in members.)

No, s2Member does not have any mechanism for listing members or creating a member directory. If you need this feature, you’ll need to find another WordPress plugin that lists WordPress users, or write your own code to have this done (WordPress provides functions for retrieving a list of users). All s2Member users are WordPress users, so any WordPress plugin that creates a directory using WordPress users should work.

B. If yes to (A), is it capable to add an “automatic removal” feature whereby the member is removed from the Member List database if the member does not pay annual dues?

Yes, when a s2Member’s subscription expires (or if there is a failed payment), s2Member can be configured to delete the user (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior).

C. Does s2member allow for facebook connect, whereby the sign-up fields can be pre-populated with the member’s facebook details?

s2Member does not currently provide this feature, however you may be able to find a 3rd Party plugin that provides this feature. Otherwise, you could create your own custom integration using the many s2Member Hooks that we make available (see s2Member Hooks).

D. Does s2member work with the Genesis Framework for WP?

s2Member is simply a WordPress plugin that allows you to generate forms and buttons for various payment gateways and restrict various posts/pages/categories/tags/URIs. s2Member should work with the Genesis Framework, however we recommend testing it with the free version of s2Member just to be sure.

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:37 am #21114
ben h

awesome. thanks!!

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 5:30 pm #21277
ben h

WOW. s2member is very powerful… and it’s free?? Awesome!

I just checked if s2m will work with Genesis Framework. It seems it does.

To date, I’ve only checked the “General Options” and some of the “Paypal Options.”
I would like to know what other essential s2m features / details are worth verifying for compatibility before I spend hours building my new membership website?

In other words, I already checked that s2member is generally compatible with Genesis but is there some thing or some detail I might have possibly overlooked? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 8:04 pm #21285
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ben,

Yeah, they deserve the kudos! :)

Well, you might wanna check all of it, lol. s2Member has a lot, and not all of it may be compatible, so it’s much more worth to check everything and make sure it works, than to just check a few and then it turns out it doesn’t work.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.