latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

displaying a list of members + custom fields

Home Forums Community Forum displaying a list of members + custom fields

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 3:16 am #24969
Ashia Do
Username: ashiado

Hello, I am trying to figure out whether the s2member plugin will do what I need it to — either the free or the pro version. Here are my questions:

1) I would like to be able to display a list of members from a particular membership level in a couple of different ways: First, by having a publicly-accessible page with, for example, name, company, city and link to view further details about a given member. But then the link to view a member’s “details” would take the site visitor to a member-only area requiring log-in. In other words, I only want members to be able to see other member’s detail info, such as email address and/or phone number, but have this detail view blocked from the public. Is such a configuration possible?

2) I additionally need the ability to add custom fields in relation to members — for example, I want to be able to list not just name and address, but also “specialty area” or “interests”. Is adding such custom fields possible?

3) I need for existing members to be able to be able to update their own profile information, including the entries for the above-described custom fields. But a site administrator should also be able to manually intervene (via the wordpress admin interface) to update a specific member’s information if needed. Is this combination possible?

4) The front end of this website will be in German; the back end (admin) can be in either English or German. Are German translation files (esp for front end) already available? And/or can they be added/edited from my end?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering these questions!!!!!!! And thanks for creating a great plugin!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 12:36 am #25104
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ashia,

Please see my replies below:

1) I would like to be able to display a list of members from a particular membership level in a couple of different ways: First, by having a publicly-accessible page with, for example, name, company, city and link to view further details about a given member. But then the link to view a member’s “details” would take the site visitor to a member-only area requiring log-in. In other words, I only want members to be able to see other member’s detail info, such as email address and/or phone number, but have this detail view blocked from the public. Is such a configuration possible?

s2Member provides no “member directory” functionality for creating lists of members. You would need to add this functionality yourself (through another plugin, or by hiring a programmer to add such functionality).

The access restriction part of this can be handled with s2Member, yes. For member-specific areas, please see Video » s2Member (Client Portals?).

2) I additionally need the ability to add custom fields in relation to members — for example, I want to be able to list not just name and address, but also “specialty area” or “interests”. Is adding such custom fields possible?

Yes, s2Member as a feature for adding Custom Registration/Profile fields (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields).

3) I need for existing members to be able to be able to update their own profile information, including the entries for the above-described custom fields. But a site administrator should also be able to manually intervene (via the wordpress admin interface) to update a specific member’s information if needed. Is this combination possible?

Yes, s2Member provides the [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode that you would place on a WordPress page and point the member to (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications).

This shortcode generates a profile editing form, which includes fields for updating the Custom Registration fields that you created. Administrators can manually update any of this information by editing the users profile from the WordPress backend (Dashboard -› Users -› Edit user).

4) The front end of this website will be in German; the back end (admin) can be in either English or German. Are German translation files (esp for front end) already available? And/or can they be added/edited from my end?

s2Member does not provide any translations for specific languages, however we do support translations. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Can s2Member® be translated into other languages?.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.