latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

does it change the database or use its own?

Home Forums Community Forum does it change the database or use its own?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:43 am #9767

hey again.
I need to know, does s2member change the normal wordpress user database or create its own?

in an earlier post i mentioned that we are using a bespoke web application and have wordpress wrapped around teh outside of it.
however, we intend to do away with our apps user database/authentication and tie it into wordpress’s login / user database.

we will need to add an extra couple of fields to the wordpress user databse to accomodate our app.

so my question is just to find out if your plugin uses its own new userdb or will it use the wordpress one?

thanks
Brad

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:52 pm #9832
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Brad,

s2Member currently uses the WordPress userbase for authentication. It does not create any database tables of its own. However, the next major release of the plugin will likely depart from this method and use its own database. We’re finding that piggybacking on the WordPress database limits our ability to customize the software and add certain features.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.